Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cycle Dolly

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 08:16 AM
Doug45601
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Cycle Dolly

ORIGINAL: rocknrod

I saw that. But how do you get your bike up on that bad boy?
The more I think about it. The more I think I should have gotten a J&S Lift.
I have a Sears Red now.
Once upon a time.... Now this is no sea story... I had the Pitbull jack and one of their dolly's Worked great... sold the whole getup when I sold the RK... Now have an Ultra and initally bought the Sears Yellow jack.. was uncomfortable with the Jack... took it back and bought the J&S... The J&S does the best of both worlds... Lifts the bike and is also one heck of a dolly!

The jack works so easily and well that after a days ride.. I just drive the bike into the garage, quickly role the jack under the bike, jack it up to the first level. easly spin the bike around to anywhere in the garage.. In fact, I often leave the bike on the jack for easy re-loaction in the garage till I'm ready to ride again.

Guess what I'm saying here is that the J&S is so much more then a Jack... I'm not saying that everyone should get one and people can select what they want but... I will say this.... If the J&S jack was available for everone to see and do a side by side hands-on comparison.... and if cost was near the same... The J&S jack would be one selected.. It has superior capabilites, extremely well built, doubles as a dolly.. wide stance foot print... Does cost more then most jacks you can buy locally but will prove itself over and over again..

Sell your Sears jack and get yourself the J&S jack... No more down on your hands and knees trying to line up a jack! Just push under the bike in the frame crossmember, pump the foot pedel without worry and up she goes.... Level.... firm....and role around or spin your bike with ease!

Old 10-21-2007, 08:33 AM
IronLegend
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are these J&S jacks availableat retail stores or only by ordering from the manufacturer and having it shipped?

Old 10-21-2007, 08:34 AM
Kern
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I made one just like this for about $70.00.

Old 10-21-2007, 12:09 PM
sifularson
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: IronLegend

Are these J&S jacks availableat retail stores or only by ordering from the manufacturer and having it shipped?
I have the J&S jack and I love it. It is very simple to jack up and move my bike around.. It also should take up way less room when not in use. I've posted several times about the jack and where to get it. Do a search. I also have pics in my photo album. Take a look.

BTW, I enjoy searching and looking at albums in this forum. Probably get more ideas that way than any other. I also PM people if I see something I might want on my bike. It's the next best thing to seeing the bikes in person.

Steve

Old 10-21-2007, 05:08 PM
kiltiemon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK... a confession here...

I bought one "made in China" from harbour freight. Put it together today!

Listen... it was 1/3 the cost of anything comparable and though I COULD have bought the scrap steel and then cut, drill, grind, the components and have it welded up... I would have procrastinated another two years!!!

Anyway... it was well under 100 bucks. It IS just barely long enough for my '01 wide glide. It rolls easily in all directions and two cam-like fixtures (one at each end) act both as a "Brake" and as a "Ramp" when you drive the bike up onto the dolly! The only problem is that my Wide Glide was lowered by the original owner and the bike scrapes as you ride it up.

I like it... Glad I made the purchase...! If I was in my own house, and had my shop, I would have done the grinding, cutting, etc. and had the parts welded up... but this was the only option open to me at this time. I try to purchase things made in this country or at least, not in china. I didn't make the grade this time!

Jim aka kiltiemon