Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for LEATHERS.......

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 09:28 PM
MNPGRider
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 51 Posts
Default RE: Looking for LEATHERS.......

ORIGINAL: leicafish

ORIGINAL: Biggzed

Check out Langlitz Leathers. They are expensive, but they will be the last set you ever need to buy.
Lanlitz are the best, as stated the last set you will buy. Mine are goat skin and felt broken in the first day I got them.

www.langlitz.com

Keep Two On the Ground

John
From their web site:

For those who don't feel the need to wait for a custom garment, we also offer stock leathers for those who need something quickly. If you can come to the shop, you will be able to try on both new and used jackets. And, if you do purchase something from us and years later outgrow it, we can either alter it to fit you again, or offer to buy them back or sell them on consignment for you, which is an advantage few companies can offer

Now that's a nice customer service!

Old 10-22-2007, 06:47 AM
56Maynard
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If your looking for a good looking "buttery soft" jacket buy fox creek or whoever. If however, you want to buy a piece of safety equipment designed for motorcycle riders, there is only one choice and that is Langlitz.
(Cal-Leather is good , but not good enough).

Forget the chaps, you need leather jeans as you will see after the first time you have to lay a bike down. You immediately start riding on your ***. Chaps won't/can't help in this except to make you roll on your belly and remove your buttery soft jacket over the top of your head. The langlitz belt is there for a reason.

Reseach how the superbike pros lay a bike down and slide. First one butt cheek and leg, then shift to other butt cheek and leg. If that reseach doesn't start you thinking, simply ease on by the local hospital and spend some time with skin graph patients and watch some agony first hand as they experience surgery after surgery grafting skin. It don't take alot of imagination to see that a skin graph on your *** would be difficult to keep from infection.

If you need customer service, consider that the Langlitz lady that measures you also cuts the material and sews the material.

I have a 1969 langlitz columbia and its perfect still. I've never seen a 40 yr old fox creek. Nor 20 yr old for that matter.

Good luck.

Old 10-22-2007, 07:51 AM
Asmodeus
Tourer

I love my Fox Creek Jacket... Wife bought it for me and I was a little pizzed at the cost, but it has been worth every dime...

Old 10-22-2007, 07:56 AM
RD GLD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have Fox Creek and they are better than they say. I have the vented reflecctor as well as the vented touring for the OL. Best Leathers I have ever felt. Everyone that sees than wants some. I will be ordering there chapshere as well. Geat leather and the customer service is second to none!!! FYI, Order at least one size bigger than you wear.
ORIGINAL: Indianspringsaz

You guys that have the Fox Creek stuff, are they as nice as they look? I like the way they describe them "Buttery Soft".

Old 10-22-2007, 11:13 AM
Beertapper
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I have a Fox Creek jacket and chaps. The softest, best quality leather you can buy. Guaranteed forever.

Old 10-22-2007, 12:00 PM
stglideblk
Cruiser

Just bought a coat from Fox Creek and i think it is great. Heavy leather but very soft. The stitching was perfect all around the coat, very good quality. The people there are great to deal with.