Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another RK Police bike Question???

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 11:44 PM
cwag
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another RK Police bike Question???

I've searched,could'nt find my answer.Maybe someone could help.I got an flhpi[2004].I want to keep it solo,but want to get rid of the black rack.What the Heck do i put in that area?
Thanks alot,Chris
Ps.Iwant to keep the air seat.What do i do with the air tank?
Thanks again

Old 10-20-2007, 12:29 AM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts
Default RE: Another RK Police bike Question???

Just remove the chrome rack the black plate sits on. After the rack and plate are removed, you will probablysee a hole in the fender; fill it with the theaded insert and chromed plastic insert or put a passenger pillion on--I prefer the exposed rear fender.

You can move the air tank to a saddlebag or anywhere else there's room; change the air tank to something smaller that is easier to keep on the bike; etc.

Do yourself a favor and spend under $80 and buy the HD Service Manuals for the Touring Models and Police Supplement for your year bike. Zanotti's/Chicago HD/Ebay are good sources for the manuals. The manuals will pay for themselves when you do your own service, and be invaluable when you do further mods to your bike.

Also, you might want to remove the hockey puck mechanisms for the saddlebags. If you go to southco.com (Southco supplies HD's hockey puck mechanism) and check part nos. M1-2A-13-1 and MP05-312-11 you will find some nice chrome replacement latches.

Nice looking bike you have--Enjoy and Ride Safe.

Old 10-20-2007, 12:40 AM
RICHE
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just remove the black plate and the air canister,move the air canister to the right saddle bag.I drilled some holes and bolted it in.You'll be left with the tour pack bar in the back,remove that and install a new licence plate mount.I installed the a tilt down one.I switched to a stock roadking seat after awhile,it brings the seat height down making the bike handle better.If you keep the cop seat and want to fill in the area you could keep the tour pack rack and install a tour pack or put a p-pad.There are alot of thing's that can be done.

Old 10-20-2007, 08:58 AM
twincam47
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

A stock civilian tourpak will bolt on the chrome rail where the black plate rides....BUT you will have to fabricate spacers about 1 inch in height between the pak and the rail to lift the tourpak for the BAG lids to open....because of the way police bags lids have the hinge system.