Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody running new Michelin tires Harley is selling?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2007 | 07:56 PM
WVULTRA
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Anybody running new Michelin tires Harley is selling?

I'll definitely be down through the Piedmont come spring; and I'll be sure to call.

Best Regards!

Old 06-17-2008 | 08:47 PM
harleyeglideman
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bump.

I am interested in any updates on this.&nbsp\\; I have the ME 880's on one bike, but am interested in trying the Elite 3's on the other or the Michelin Commanders.&nbsp\\; Any new experience out there?

Old 06-18-2008 | 03:40 PM
MyFirstHD
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I put a MU85 Commander on my '06 EGC.&nbsp\\; Love it.&nbsp\\; It handles better than my Dunlop&nbsp\\;did&nbsp\\;but this is my first tire change on this bike and I am comparing the new Commander to the old Dunlop.&nbsp\\; Still, took away any 85 mph sweeping turn wobble I could feel and it's very stable on the roads with deap rain grooves cut into them.

Old 06-18-2008 | 08:23 PM
harleyeglideman
Road Master

How many miles on it so far?

Old 06-19-2008 | 06:14 AM
jbhawley
Road Master

I am considering the Michelins for my next set as well. I am on my third metzler in a year. 5000-7000 miles per back tire. I ride daily and pull a piggybacker trailer probably 50% of the time plus a aspen camper and two up, so i am carrying a lot of weight. Air pressure is key. Complains about not getting 15K on a rear tire are funny...that is 3 tires worth for me.

Old 06-19-2008 | 09:09 AM
flyburch
Road Master
Received 75 Likes on 22 Posts

put the michelins on my fatboy they do handle alot better than oem but the only thing i dont like is they kinda look like bicycle tires they are not as wide as the oem thats the only complant i have. &nbsp\\;

Old 06-19-2008 | 04:00 PM
gordon188
Tourer

I just had a pair of commanders installed on my EGC,&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; at my local dealer.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; I got 10K on the original tires.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; The 20 mile ride home was&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; like riding a different bike.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; It drove and handled really well.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Tires and labor and taxes came to $452.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; Great service dept, the&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; service manager said it was the first complete set they had installed.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\;\\\\\\; The tech that did the work said he thought it handled well on the test ride.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;&nbsp\\; I just got back ahead of some rain and&nbsp\\; these are definitely a better ride.&nbsp\\; Track great and are very stable.&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; they also don't pick up the pavement grooves and cracks like the dunlops.&nbsp\\;&nbsp\\; I was gonna go Metz, until I read this thread.&nbsp\\;

Old 06-19-2008 | 06:13 PM
jlelliott
Cruiser
Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

ORIGINAL: gunrunner

Only thing I heard is they have much more flex in the sidewall, the servive manger thought this was not good if you had a flat. Any opinions on this?
&nbsp\\;
My local Service Manager told me that their shop had been instructed by Michelin&nbsp\\;to put tubes in the Commanders to help with getting the tire to seat on the rim. This supposedly due to flexible sidewalls. They also said Michelin was aware of and working on the problem. Since I have not heard or read of this anywhere else I have to wonder what is going on. When my Avon Venoms need to be replaced I will investigate all my options. BTW, I have been pleased with the Avon Venom X tires on my Ultra, but I can only compare them to the OEM Dunlops. Vast improvement there........

Old 06-19-2008 | 07:08 PM
211Chuck
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: harleyeglideman

Bump.

I am interested in any updates on this.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\; I have the ME 880's on one bike, but am interested in trying the Elite 3's on the other or the Michelin Commanders.&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;\\\\\\\\\\\\\\; Any new experience out there?
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
I'm on my 4th set of Michelin's and I'm still loving
them. I would have gone through more sets but I've
been riding my Wing alot the last 6 months..
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
if I can help, my Shop/Cell # is 704-236-2885
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
Good Luck and ride SAFE"
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
I had to correct my post, I'm on my 4th set about
to mount up my 5th set. I don't like miss leading
anyone..
&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;

&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;

Old 06-20-2008 | 05:31 AM
harleyeglideman
Road Master

Thanks everyone.&nbsp\\; Very interesting issue about adding the tubes.&nbsp\\; I'll look further into that.&nbsp\\;

Ride safe.

Quick Reply: Anybody running new Michelin tires Harley is selling?