Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

J&S Lift

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 07:37 AM
DocHarley
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: J&S Lift

ORIGINAL: HarlyFan

What is a link for J&S
http://jsjacks.com/products.htm

Old 10-21-2007, 12:25 AM
sifularson
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I love that jack. You can climb up on the bike with NO worries. You can also roll your bike around the shop or spin it around easily. Here are some pics.

[IMG]local://upfiles/14366/0FA90CA6D01547A9B6D8A4F268A7CBF9.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/14366/96BFD6CE45534F618086A4C94ADBAA27.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/14366/D1BCE15153F0499FB72CFE20539179F3.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/14366/11BE05B615A74584B1C4D0DAC4EE4106.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-26-2007, 02:26 AM
crashbike310
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My J&S lifts came in today. I ordered 2. 1 for me and 1 for a guy at work. Guy at work works days and I work nights. Needless to say I got a call tonight at 8pm when he opened his up. He was impressed with the quality and was happy that his bike cleaning and storage had just been made easier. I was happy to hear this because he jumped in on my order because I told him that it sounded like the best jack for the money. I encouraged him to do his own research, but he trusted that I researched good enough.

I got home at 1230am (got out of work late....had to watch the Red Sox win game 2). The jack was packaged nicely and the box weighed 88 lbs. When I opened the side of the box, the jack rolled out easy. I was surprised to see a free knit skull cap (came with both lifts) with the company's logo. I opened the directions and no pictures. So if you are a person who needs visual aides don't worry.... it was easy to put together. Lift the rails (part bike rests on) up so that the bottle jack fits on the slant (two bolts). By lifting the rail, it raises the part that goes on top of the bottle jack. After the part is secured to the top of the botle jack you tighten the two bolts (securing it to the 45 degree slant) and then entend the spring onto the welded bold. This lifts the jack handle back up when you step on it to lift the bottle jack. Time to test it out.

My RG is lowered so I had to put a 2x4 under the kickstand to fit the lift under the bike. The lift comes with directions on where to put the lift under certian bikes. I used the location suggested for Road Kings and EGs. The bike raised and lowered with ease. The foot pump/ lever felt flimzy when I pushed down on it with my foot, however it moved with ease, and upon inspection just has play due to the spring.

My garage is pitched towards the garage door and the lift wanted to roll towards the garage door. Thats when I discovered that the lift had two bolts that screwed down (to the floor) to stop the lift from moving. The bolts move up and down easy with your finngers. The bike rolled around with ease while on the lift. The frame is rigid however does tweak slightly when you start to climb/ push on either far end of the bike. Note the frame tweaks forward or back, however the bike does not lift off the rails it is resting on nor do the wheels of the lift off the ground.

I am happy to say that my first impression of this jack is that I was impressed. Another thing I liked was the customer service. I spoke with one of the owners several times about questions I had that were not answered on the web site. He took his time with me and took my order over the phone.

Based on my 1st couple of hours with the jack, I would recommend this jack to anyone. I was told that if the jack did not suit my needs they would take it back and that it comes with a lifetime warranty.

Is it more than the Sears and Lowes jack ......yup! But after seeing how sturdy my $13.5 K 2004 HD Road glide was on it with out straps.....I would spend the extra $200 + for a quality heavy duty US made lift again in a heart beat. I hope this product review is helpful to some of you who are wondering what lift to buy.
Cost Max cap max saftey Warranty Weight
&

Old 10-26-2007, 10:55 AM
jackja25
Road Captain

Thanks, just sold me. My bike is in a three sided car port, gravel drive/carport. I have two pieces of 3/4" plywood that I back the bike on. I sometimes have a problem trying to back the bike in. Guess what? No I will be able to drive straight in, raise it, do a 180 and be able to drive back out. No more losing my footing and droping the bike. Again thanks for the info.

Old 10-26-2007, 11:03 AM
mps1168
Tourer

The J+S Jackman is just up the street from me, literally, end of the steet. He has a very good reputation and sells a great product. I think Santa is delivering mine this X-mas.

mps

Old 10-26-2007, 06:19 PM
crashbike310
Cruiser

jackja25

depending on the size of the plywood you are using you may not be able to spin it 180 degrees. You need a little room to spin the bike. The jack has 2 caster typewheels and 2 fixed wheels (like a shopping cart). I can spin my bike around in my 1 car garage, however it involes push and pull. If it had 4 caster wheels it would spin 360 like a top. It spins like a shopping cart (with 800lbs on it)so you need some room. Plus the jack sits low to the ground so if your plywood is bowed it may be hard to manuver.

Hope that helps

Old 10-26-2007, 06:26 PM
crashbike310
Cruiser

My neighbor (ownes a 07 street glide) came over today to see the jack and he was sold after I showed it to him. It was funny to see his face when I (220 lbs 6'3") climbed on the bike while it was lifted 18" off the ground and it barley wiggled. He looked for the strap and was amazed that the bike was not strapped. I then sat on the passenger seat while still in the air (like the video online).Bike did not fallor lift up off the lift. I now know the feeling a magician gets when someone is amazed and thinks his eyes are fooling him.

Old 10-26-2007, 07:06 PM
Cycleman6
Cruiser

This looks very nice. Have to get one next year.

Old 10-26-2007, 07:29 PM
Arcane
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The J&S jack is a great product. I like the safety catches that engage as you jack the bike up. I feel a lot better about leavening the bike on the jack over night or longer knowing that it won’t bleed down and let the bike fall over. The J&S definitely costs a little more, but well worth it IMHO.

Arcane

Old 10-26-2007, 07:36 PM
Scootr
Road Master

Use mine all the time. Worth every penny imo since it is so sturdy I feel comfortable using it a lot. Great choice.

Quick Reply: J&S Lift