Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Factory XM

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 12:08 PM
cms1528
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Factory XM

I have been thinking about adding the factory XM to my 07 Ultra. Question is for anyone who has one, is it worth it and more importantly how does it sound. Does the XM have a CD quality sound. The factory SIRIUS in my car just bangs compared to standard FM and I want that on the bike. I know there are other XM options/radios but I'm specifically asking about the factory install.

Old 10-18-2007, 01:05 PM
HarlyFan
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: Factory XM

There are alot of other options than factory as you stated but it works well just not 2 times as well as the other options...........

Old 10-18-2007, 01:16 PM
Birdzrk
6th Gear

Works great! Thats all I listentoo, since I had it put in.

Old 10-18-2007, 01:51 PM
Trock
Outstanding HDF Member

Go for it! The sound quailty is as good as sirius. But people are right about the expense, the factory system is high priced but is the best way to go if you can get past that. You don't have to worry abount mounts, weather, someone stealing it and the controls are right there with the rest of the radio contols. I love my xm but I didn't buy the factory system.

Old 10-18-2007, 02:15 PM
gene01
Road Captain

I would not consider any other means for getting XM radio, all of the aftermarkets are ugly, in yourway, block your guages, the factory setup is inside the fairing, plugs into the wiring loom, one screw holds it in place, once screw holds the antenna mount.... and you are done, installed mine in 10 hour including removing the fairing.... this is the second bike that I installed it on... Love it!!!! fantastic sound quality!!!!!!

Old 10-18-2007, 02:51 PM
texan321
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: gene01

I would not consider any other means for getting XM radio, all of the aftermarkets are ugly, in yourway, block your guages, the factory setup is inside the fairing, plugs into the wiring loom, one screw holds it in place, once screw holds the antenna mount.... and you are done, installed mine in 10 hour including removing the fairing.... this is the second bike that I installed it on... Love it!!!! fantastic sound quality!!!!!!
it took 10 hours to install?

Old 10-18-2007, 02:59 PM
CGLTD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 279 Likes on 204 Posts

Yes! It works and sounds great. I've had xm since 03 and love . Had it on the bike for a year. XM and Sirius is merging anyway

Old 10-18-2007, 03:04 PM
Bldr1000
Cruiser

I had an external XM unit on my 04 ultra and it was ugly and I had to remove it everytime I stopped and left the bike for a few minutes. I bought and 07 and had the unit installed (factory unit) for around 500.00 , It was a lot of money but really worth it. It is all I listen to on my bike now. I can also listen to Alabama games on channel 199 onb Saturdays and ride too. I would do it again if I trade up later. Bldr

Old 10-18-2007, 03:58 PM
Trock
Outstanding HDF Member

Well not all are ugly, Unless I showed you mine you wouldn't know where it's at. Mine is mounted in the saddle bag and the antenna is on the fender by the screw that holds the seat on. Another wire runs under the tank and up to the aux. input to the radio. I can lock it up and it's out of the rain. Only problem is I have to open it to change channels but I only listen to channel 202 when I'm riding. I can take it out in 5 seconds and put it in my boat if I want. Just pay one subsciption. But if I had an extra 500 I would probably go factory.

Old 10-18-2007, 07:52 PM
jlelliott
Cruiser
Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

After years offinding ingenious ways of hanging/hiding XM radios on motorcycles Ifinallybroke down and had the dealer install the XM option when I ordered my new Ultra. Too expensive? Yes. Worth it? Yes. I am glad I did it. No more worries about weather protection or theft. All functions easily activated even with heavy gloves on. What's not to like???

Quick Reply: Factory XM