Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Factory XM

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 08:24 PM
DanB
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Factory XM

I thought that the Harmon Kardon radio came with the option already installed. You just have to pay the XM people to subscribe to it? At least, my 07 SE Ultra came that way. Works fine. Never listen to FM anymore..just XM.

DanB

Old 10-18-2007, 09:12 PM
SoCal_Pappy
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

$19.00 & doesn't block anything (LOL)

Old 10-19-2007, 07:03 AM
cms1528
Cruiser

Well, thanks to everyone for the input. I like the factory set up just for intergration purposes. Yes it is expensive to install, it was about the same for my Toyota factory install. I would like to see XM do a pay once subscription like SIRUS does lots of $$ up front but never pay subscription cost again for life. I know they are going to merge sometime in the future but until then I think I will go with it. Besides they, XM, have baseball and SIRIUS does not. Thanks again everyone...

Old 10-19-2007, 07:25 AM
Trock
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: cms1528

Well, thanks to everyone for the input. I like the factory set up just for intergration purposes. Yes it is expensive to install, it was about the same for my Toyota factory install. I would like to see XM do a pay once subscription like SIRUS does lots of $$ up front but never pay subscription cost again for life. I know they are going to merge sometime in the future but until then I think I will go with it. Besides they, XM, have baseball and SIRIUS does not. Thanks again everyone...
I believe that subscription for life plan is for the life of the radio not your life, which may or may not be a good deal.

Old 10-19-2007, 07:57 AM
HarlyFan
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: DanB

I thought that the Harmon Kardon radio came with the option already installed. You just have to pay the XM people to subscribe to it? At least, my 07 SE Ultra came that way. Works fine. Never listen to FM anymore..just XM.

DanB
Dan they do not come standard. On your 07SE it is a standard feature. On all non SE models it is a $500 option.

Old 10-19-2007, 10:09 AM
cms1528
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: Trock

ORIGINAL: cms1528

I believe that subscription for life plan is for the life of the radio not your life, which may or may not be a good deal.
Actually it is for the life of the radio; however, you can transfer it up to three times if you should upgrade your bike of just swap it over to another vehicle. There is a transfer fee of $75. After three 1/2 years anyway your now getting the service for free, unless of course they (SIRIUS) were to fold...

Old 10-19-2007, 10:20 AM
gene01
Road Captain

SIRIUS is owned by XM, the transition will be in the middle of 2008....

Old 10-20-2007, 07:12 AM
DanB
Tourer

Hey Harley Fan,

Thanks for the heads up. I must say that when I first saw my bike, and fell in love with it..I never knew how much sh....came on it, that we all had in the past saved up for to put on our bikes. I'm learning more every day.

Thanks again.

DanB

Old 10-20-2007, 09:43 AM
joenuclear
Advanced

I couldn't see $500 for a business thats never made money and is looking to absorb it's competion to slow the bleeding. I did think it was worth $250 and 1 hour labor. http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

It works fine, I can see my gauges and if I want to remove it and install it in another vehicle I can.

Old 10-20-2007, 08:54 PM
OMC.SGF
Intermediate

How much is the XM option when purchasing a new Ultra? Did I understand someone to say it was $500 option?

Quick Reply: Factory XM