Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tour Pak Lid Organizer????? HELP

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 11:14 AM
HarlyFan
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Tour Pak Lid Organizer????? HELP

Has anyone used a "Tour Pak Lid Organizer" with the Spoiler Kit? In the part description in the HD book, it says that this will not work with the spoiler. Am I missing something obvious why will it not work?

Old 10-18-2007, 12:21 PM
hoosierhog88
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Tour Pak Lid Organizer????? HELP

As a rule, HD is pretty much on target for their reasons when they say not to use something, if something else is installed.

It might fit, but it also might cause some "ripple effect" type of problems downstream. It may be minor, but there is probably some reason for it.

Old 10-18-2007, 12:42 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

IIRC, the lid organizer attaches to the lid with velcro. There may be interference with the velcro that attaches to the lid because of the bolts that attach the spoiler or interference with the organizer because of the wiring from the LED. Ask your parts guy at the HD store for the installation instructions for the kit and see if there is a problem or not.

Old 10-18-2007, 01:00 PM
HarlyFan
Tourer

ORIGINAL: Harleypingman

IIRC, the lid organizer attaches to the lid with velcro. There may be interference with the velcro that attaches to the lid because of the bolts that attach the spoiler or interference with the organizer because of the wiring from the LED. Ask your parts guy at the HD store for the installation instructions for the kit and see if there is a problem or not.
Does anyone on the forum have the instructions for the tour pak organizer. How lame is that that I need instuctions for a velcro on piece.................

Old 10-18-2007, 01:01 PM
Merlin
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: HarlyFan

Has anyone used a "Tour Pak Lid Organizer" with the Spoiler Kit? In the part description in the HD book, it says that this will not work with the spoiler. Am I missing something obvious why will it not work?
I have been using mine for over three years without any problems.

[IMG]local://upfiles/7589/84A510CE66344F6D96F855BEA1EEC591.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-18-2007, 01:02 PM
HarlyFan
Tourer

ORIGINAL: Merlinii

ORIGINAL: HarlyFan

I have been using mine for over three years without any problems.

[IMG]local://upfiles/7589/84A510CE66344F6D96F855BEA1EEC591.jpg[/IMG]

Is there anykind of an interference with the spoiler kit?

Old 10-18-2007, 01:41 PM
Merlin
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm not really sure that I really remember any issues. If there was it must have been very minor and very easily overcome.

Old 10-18-2007, 02:12 PM
rinja64
Road Master
Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

I had the Harley lid organizer and was not real impressed with it. I picked one up from E-Bay for half the cost and I think it is a better quality product. The one from E-Bay has three large velcro strips which will allow you to remove it if you need to tighten the bolts of the spoiler.

Old 10-18-2007, 02:21 PM
Gviertell
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the lid organizer. I do not have the spoiler. The organizer did not want to stay put on hot days so I put some holes in it and mounted it through the bolts for the rack. If you do not have the rack then I would look elswhere.

Old 10-18-2007, 02:47 PM
texan321
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: Gviertell

I have the lid organizer. I do not have the spoiler. The organizer did not want to stay put on hot days so I put some holes in it and mounted it through the bolts for the rack. If you do not have the rack then I would look elswhere.
Good solution - you also can get some 3M VHG tape 3/4" wide and place the tape in spots that will hit the lid - it takes 24 hours fro this tape to adhere but once it does - it ani't going no where....

Quick Reply: Tour Pak Lid Organizer????? HELP