Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tour Pak Lid Organizer????? HELP

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 03:16 PM
Bldr1000
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Tour Pak Lid Organizer????? HELP

I had one in my 04 ultra and the sun would heat up the lid and the adhesive would turn loose that held it in place. I bought some velsco and added a few pieces on the back and it helped it to stay in place. I bought and 07 ultra and decided that I needed the extra room for traveling instead of those small places to put hairbrush, etc.It was more of a pain in the ars than a help to me...Bldr

Old 10-18-2007, 03:26 PM
Phast Lap
Tourer

I have the lid organisers for my bags on my Street Glide and they said the same thing. The reason is the spoilers are bolted on from underneath the lid and the doublesided tape doesn't work good if the bolts are in the way. I just drilled a small hole in the organiser where each bolt was located for the spoilers and bolted thru the organizer. Works fine with no problem.

Old 10-18-2007, 03:35 PM
ultraultra
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The organizer is WELL worth the cost. I have it on mine with the spoiler and luggage rack. Just go to wally world and get some extra velcro to attach it with. I also have the organizer for the side walls too. Keeps stuff from floating around.

Old 10-18-2007, 03:46 PM
rinja64
Road Master
Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

That is exactly what happened with the Harley product. And out here in Az, we get sun and it would not stick. I went and bought sometwo part adhesive and that did not work.So far, the one from E-bay and it is not Harley, it has held great. E-Glide Goodies sells the same one if you do not like to bid. I think the quality is much better than Harley's.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Tour-...spagenameZWDVW

Old 10-18-2007, 04:00 PM
Kroozer
Intermediate

ORIGINAL: rinja64

That is exactly what happened with the Harley product. And out here in Az, we get sun and it would not stick. I went and bought sometwo part adhesive and that did not work.So far, the one from E-bay and it is not Harley, it has held great. E-Glide Goodies sells the same one if you do not like to bid. I think the quality is much better than Harley's.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Tour-...spagenameZWDVW
Does the organizer allow you to place a 3/4 helmet in the Tour Pack?

Old 10-18-2007, 04:37 PM
rinja64
Road Master
Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Yes. Both of our helmets fit. Just have to make sure the helmets are sitting flush on the bottom of the tour pac and you do not over stuff the pockets of the organizer. So far so good...I can take some pic's if you would like to see our set up...Let me know...

Old 10-18-2007, 05:47 PM
HarlyFan
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: rinja64

Yes. Both of our helmets fit. Just have to make sure the helmets are sitting flush on the bottom of the tour pac and you do not over stuff the pockets of the organizer. So far so good...I can take some pic's if you would like to see our set up...Let me know...
Can you take some pics and post them?