Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road King Customs

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2007 | 03:08 AM
PapaTravis
Elite HDF Member
Default RE: Road King Customs

ORIGINAL: gunrunner

Just got mine not long ago,here is pic of how it was when bought but have added sundowner and backrest, SERK windshield and SE ingnition module,carb rejet and some chrome. It already had SE fishtails, custom mirrors and rider boards. Black Cherry, Nice bike ,still getting use to beachbars

[IMG]local://upfiles/8399/A45D042893F94FBD9F7B8000AD09A210.jpg[/IMG]
Gunrunner, I gotta ask ya a question. I have the SE a/c and a k & n filter, and the carb has been re jetted. I was looking at those SE ignition modules. What, if anything, has it done for your bike?

Old 10-19-2007 | 05:46 AM
wcking
Intermediate

Heres a twist.

06 RKC
Voyager Conversion
Rush 2.5" Slip ons,
PCIII
Pingel Shifter

[IMG]local://upfiles/43798/062147C585D84EFC977CDF35A8DD274B.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-19-2007 | 07:19 AM
Hogwallop
Tourer

I don't understand why they canned the Custom either. I think it really fills a niche market and glad I got mine before it was discontinued. I know that the Classic is close, but to reconfigure to the Custom look would require BIG bucks. Haven't done much with her other than added SE touring mufflers, SE air cleaner, SERT, Sundowner seat with detach backrest/luggage rack and an inner saddlebag locking kit to keep someone from stealing the bags. Still grining from ear to ear every time I look at her.

[IMG]local://upfiles/36088/3E20E82D0C474F9482B9AC2083745B6A.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-19-2007 | 09:29 AM
PapaTravis
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Hogwallop

I don't understand why they canned the Custom either. I think it really fills a niche market and glad I got mine before it was discontinued. I know that the Classic is close, but to reconfigure to the Custom look would require BIG bucks. Haven't done much with her other than added SE touring mufflers, SE air cleaner, SERT, Sundowner seat with detach backrest/luggage rack and an inner saddlebag locking kit to keep someone from stealing the bags. Still grining from ear to ear every time I look at her.

[IMG]local://upfiles/36088/3E20E82D0C474F9482B9AC2083745B6A.jpg[/IMG]
How is that luggage rack working out for you? It isn't that expensive, and seems like it would be good enough to hold a T bag for an over night trip with the wife. I know they sell the other one that is larger, but you have to buy the mounting kit for it, which is just another expense.[:@]

Old 10-19-2007 | 10:42 AM
RKCUSTOMDOG
Intermediate

I also don't understand dumping the RKCustom, I really like this bike, but I don't do any cross country riding anymore. Obviously, HD sells way more of the other Touring Models. But, Dump the RKCustom and add the Rocker ? Dog.

Old 10-19-2007 | 10:51 AM
ssihogdog
Road Captain

http://www.securesi.net/rkc.htm

list with pictures on my 04 RK Custom

Old 10-19-2007 | 10:57 AM
gunrunner
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: PapaTravis

ORIGINAL: gunrunner

Just got mine not long ago,here is pic of how it was when bought but have added sundowner and backrest, SERK windshield and SE ingnition module,carb rejet and some chrome. It already had SE fishtails, custom mirrors and rider boards. Black Cherry, Nice bike ,still getting use to beachbars

[IMG]local://upfiles/8399/A45D042893F94FBD9F7B8000AD09A210.jpg[/IMG]
Gunrunner, I gotta ask ya a question. I have the SE a/c and a k & n filter, and the carb has been re jetted. I was looking at those SE ignition modules. What, if anything, has it done for your bike?
Just put it on the other day but it seems to hit a better lick while at idle, I know it changes the timing curve some and raises the rev limiter to 6200. It is a pain to put on, you have to go thru a password learning process, takes 30 minutes with switch on. It took me two tries but finally got it done. Its worth a hundred bucks, I waited till dealer had a 20% off sale to buy it.

Old 10-19-2007 | 11:05 AM
Nightrider2
Road Warrior

I was lucky enough to pick up a 05 RK/custom with 1300 miles on it!! ONE happy camper here, the guy i bought it from had put on a chrome inner pri, complete chrome front end, tinted med heigth windsheild, chrome tranny cover, braided stainless cables all around, quite a few other chrome goodies, plus, chrome hot toppers on just about every nut, bolt, torques, allen head. Mine is the same color as Rhino Tall's bike. I added Electraglide front passing lights, and a sundowner seat for the deeper well, and backrest. It's got beachbars, but, i'm going with Chubby's 508's at this point. The other little add on's are mostly kuryakyn, shifter, iso grips,thottle assist. GLAD to see so much respoonse on this model, did i mention i REALLY like this bike?

Old 10-19-2007 | 12:04 PM
MOTOWN RIDER
Advanced

Hey Papa Travis...I have that same rack and it works great. I was able to fit a full size T-Bag and it held it real nice. I also like the fact that it just attaches to the removable passenger back rest.It doesn't look have bad either.

Old 10-19-2007 | 02:06 PM
coolzee
Intermediate

WOW!! It sure is nice to see soo many nice looking RK Customs. i bought mine in June and is still stock except for a Mustang seat. You all have given me a bunch of great ideas for future reference. Keep up the good work guys.

Coolzee

Quick Reply: Road King Customs