Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road King Customs

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2007 | 12:12 AM
olgreydog7
Road Captain
Default RE: Road King Customs

entering

Old 10-18-2007 | 04:48 AM
PapaTravis
Elite HDF Member

I've done a couple of things. I am no where near where I see it. I still have the leather bags. I would love painted ones, but that kind of cost will go towards something else. I have LA Chopper 18" apes, and they are great. But, in the beginning I wanted ***** F'ers, and let the OL talk me out of them. Now, they are back on the table. They make an 18", which would be an easy swap out. The other little thing that make the biggest difference was the highway pegs (I live on them). I just had some pin striping done done (which will hold me until I can afford custom paint). And added some LED's (green). I put on the passing lamps, which are great at night. And relocated the turn signals to the light bar with a kit for a softail (seems to work just fine). I noticed that the MoCo now sells them for touring models, at double the price I paid (the softail version went up as well). The big thing I have planned for winter is to add speakers and an amp to the bags. I really want tunes, and every aftermarket fairing company says they wont work with my bars (although I see that some have it with apes. besides, those thing are not cheap). At some point I want to either chrome the front, or get it powder coated with a black pearl dust. And go to one caliper up front. I actually like the stock wheels, I just want to see more of them, and two rotors blocks a lot out. Engine mods, at some point, as well. I am thinking a gear drive cam, that will work once I finally go to 95".I just need to find one that will work, and wont break the bank.

Old 10-18-2007 | 08:03 AM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member

WOW, So many nice RK Customs! I love mine and, like you Rhino, I studied a lot of bikes on here before I found a direction for me to go. I went the Touring direction, wanting to equip my Roadie for trips. All my hardware is detachable and you can see loads of pics in different forms in my gallery. I added the Dead Center fairing, King Tour Pak, vented lowers for winter and trips. I also added EZ shift and EZ brake cause I got big dogs and they were getting in the way. Loads of small stuff too.Chrome in all the right places IMO. Single 6 pot caliper up front, Kury LED lightsWheels and tires are from Bart (shooter64) at Cateye Customs as is the Rinehart 2 into 1 pipe. It is a never ending thing. I plan to do the engine sometime this winter but not until I get another to ride BC I cannot stand a day without at least a short ride! My wife wants a 08 Rocker, I knew there was a reason I added to my garage last year!

Old 10-18-2007 | 09:02 AM
ranjon56
Intermediate

Some great looking rides on this thread...and to Fast Eddie: what agreat collection!

Old 10-18-2007 | 09:18 AM
gunrunner
Elite HDF Member

Just got mine not long ago,here is pic of how it was when bought but have added sundowner and backrest, SERK windshield and SE ingnition module,carb rejet and some chrome. It already had SE fishtails, custom mirrors and rider boards. Black Cherry, Nice bike ,still getting use to beachbars

[IMG]local://upfiles/8399/A45D042893F94FBD9F7B8000AD09A210.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-18-2007 | 09:20 AM
combat_vet
Tourer

Not a RK Custom, but s SERK (all factory).

Old 10-18-2007 | 09:33 AM
Gutman
Road Master

Here's mine. basically a FLHX without the fairing. Jim's 120 with 130 hp. Fun to ride. I wouldn't trade it for anything. Sorry, picture didn't upload. Will try later.

Old 10-18-2007 | 09:43 AM
gunrunner
Elite HDF Member

You know Im wondering if old Willie G is getting senile! They build the Rocker which is weird and a poor atempt at a chopper and they S#it canned the Road King Custom. Big mistake IMO, but glad I got mine.

Old 10-18-2007 | 10:11 AM
ken thompson
The Schlong Man

I've got some lousey pics in my album. Clickey to the left.

Main improvements have been the stage 2 big bore kit and a lowered progressive suspension all the way around. New chrome thingies keeps showing up as well.

Old 10-18-2007 | 12:47 PM
cboehme
Advanced

My 05 came with this paint set, SE slip-ons, chrome front end, and ECM download. I added almost every HD skull piece they make along with the V&H pro pipe, SERT with dyno tune, HD axe pattern stripper seat, relocated front turns signals, and Wick Image skull/flame mirrors. I hope to do some motor work this winter.

Quick Reply: Road King Customs