Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whats the better setup? PC III, Race Tuner? Which pipes?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 07:00 PM
Exprof
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Whats the better setup? PC III, Race Tuner? Which pipes?

The HD Forums have been very helpful in aiding me in my selection of Stage 1 components for my '08 Ultra. I'd never heard of Josh Doherty and the Power PACC (despite being on my fourth Harley) until I researched this site. This is a beautifully made replacement for the SE Hi-flow kit. Check it out at http://www.dohertymachine.com/ . Josh said that the '08 version will be out in early November/07.

As for the SERT, the head tech at my dealership says that it gives a competent tuner (his highly trained staff, of course) the most options for setting up your bike. In other words, if you add the SERT, there's really no excuse for screwing it up. The key word there is COMPETENT. And make sure it goes on a dyno, otherwise all they've done is download some generic program for it.

When it comes to pipes, I'm looking at a 2:1 set, D&D Fat Cat or Rinehart. They will give the most HP and torque boost. Failing that, some Vance and Hines Ovals or Rinehart slip-ons.

BTW - Thanx to all for the many ideas I've gleaned from the group.