Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pregnant Wife.......Need Advice

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2005, 11:53 AM
SaBiGe
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pregnant Wife.......Need Advice

Ok so here is my dilemma my wife is 4 months pregnant and says she does not "feel comfortable riding" (not like uncomfortable but like not safe anymore) how have you guys dealt with this. I just got an 06 Ultra and would have gotten it one way or another so I do not regret buying it, but I like for her to ride with me. Did anyone else's wife not want to ride pregnant? How was she after the baby?

Old 12-12-2005, 12:16 PM
Babs
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Pregnant Wife.......Need Advice

Yeah it's a tough one.. I'd say she's got a point in that she's thinking about the little one she's protecting.. For now, I'd let her be and be thankful if you get to ride at all, even if by yourself.. When the baby gets here, it's all about diapers and feeding and taking care of both Mom and the baby. It's a great gift in itself, but for a little while after the baby's born, the bike will take 2nd seat hehe.

Congrats! by the way. I'm working on kid#2 so I know exactly what it's like. Went to the expense of the sissy bar and all that so she could go with me.. and with the timing of our first pregnancy, she got to ride one time with me. Go figure. Oh well, we've got a healthy little crumb-crusher now so I don't mind.

Old 12-12-2005, 12:26 PM
harley0711
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 80 Posts

To start with - There is No dealing with a pregnant woman - not trying to be mean - just the facts - their hormones are running wild - trying to deal or figure them out is a loosing battle. Plus, I have been a FF now for just over 32 years and eventhough riding a bike is most likley no more than riding a car - the danger factor is more than I would want to deal with.... Keep her off and learn the phrase "Yes Dear" for the next 5 + months.... The last thing you would ever want to have to deal with is to have a - what would normaly be a minor accident to turn into a life time nightmare - Be safe and enjoy your new chapter in life

Old 12-12-2005, 12:28 PM
lil_gmac2
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First congrat on the future addition to the family. IMHO it's a not brainer I would not risk put my wife an a unborn child on the bike.

Old 12-12-2005, 12:29 PM
MOking
Tourer

Well...you can't force someone to want to ride with you. I can't blame her at all.

Kinda funny isn't it....when you want them to ride with you, they don't/won't and when you want to ride with the boys or hit it solo, the old ladies won't let you get away without them.

Can't win either way!

Old 12-12-2005, 12:40 PM
agentjmw
Intermediate

When my wife was 6 months we trailered out to Evergreen Colorado. Its the mountains around Denver. We camped in the mountains , caught The ABB live at the Red Rocks and rode the Harley through the mountains. It was beautifull. Only problem we had was back then I was riding a 95 Softail with a carb. Rode like crap. I did not have time to take it to a dealer and get it rejetted. EFI bikes only for me now. Anyway the riding had no adverse effect on our daughter. But on the other hand I would never have pushed her to ride if she did not want to.

Old 12-12-2005, 01:02 PM
Inforit
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I saw a 7 month pregnant woman riding her own bike at one of the rallys and she had a big belly. It all depends on a person, some do not give up on what they like to do I guess even though they are pregant.

Old 12-12-2005, 01:06 PM
SaBiGe
Advanced

Thanks for all the input. It helps to get an experienced point of veiw.

Old 12-12-2005, 02:04 PM
bikerjohn80
Intermediate

Mine didn't but a buddy of mine took his wife riding on an old hartail shovelhead down some rough country roads cause she was a week overdue lol the kid was born two days later lol
Congrats on the little one

Old 12-12-2005, 02:52 PM
Mikeeeeeeeeee
"Moderator & Connoisseur of Ice Cream"
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

take this over to the off topic forum and get Snarly to comment on it. Guaranteed to be something to remember.

Congrats on the baby!

Quick Reply: Pregnant Wife.......Need Advice