Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tour Pac Question!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 07:46 AM
08roady
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tour Pac Question!!

I am looking at getting the Ultra Version Tour Pac for Road Glide (as soon as I get it!) My question is, with the lights how do you get power up to the lights on the pac? Is there a plug somewhere that you just plug and unplug it to make it removable? And also when it is not on there where does the plug hide at?

Thanks for any info on this!

Old 10-14-2007, 07:50 AM
nedster
Road Master
Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
Default RE: Tour Pac Question!!

Pull the left side cover off, along the bottom of the seat you will see a lead with a plug, it is probably tie wrapped. Just cut the tie wrap and it should reach to were your tour pak will belocated.

Old 10-14-2007, 07:55 AM
Ram
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you don't have the plug in your wiring harness you can get the pins and plug that mates to the tour pac and build it then splice the wiring into the rear tail light harness under the seat behind battery over the rear fender as I've done. The Road King wiring is not equipted for the tour pac to be pluged into it stock.

Old 10-14-2007, 07:57 AM
nedster
Road Master
Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

The road glide should have it. I havean 04 and it was on mine. Congrats on your new ride. I dig that color too!!!

Old 10-14-2007, 08:17 AM
scofield333
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: 08roady

I am looking at getting the Ultra Version Tour Pac for Road Glide (as soon as I get it!) My question is, with the lights how do you get power up to the lights on the pac? Is there a plug somewhere that you just plug and unplug it to make it removable? And also when it is not on there where does the plug hide at?

Thanks for any info on this!
I have a 06 RG and yep there is a plug under the seat that will go back to the tour pak, no problem at all

[IMG]local://upfiles/33788/A7353BE1342845B2924BDC905C823F4B.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-14-2007, 09:48 AM
joenuclear
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is the same plug on an 08 SG?

Old 10-14-2007, 12:53 PM
08roady
Tourer

Thank you all for the info, that is good to know!!!! Nedster, thanks, I am looking forward to getting it, I am supposed to get it in Jan., but I live up here in MI. So I am thinking I am going to have to go down to Florida and do some riding this winter!

Old 10-14-2007, 01:31 PM
EasternSP
Banned
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 24,869 Likes on 9,332 Posts

You will find the plug tied to the air lines for the rear shocks on the left side.
Here is a link to how to install the brake lights in the tour pac if they aren't on it already. You will see the plug in one of the pictures.
https://www.hdforums.com/m_1447481/tm.htm

Old 10-14-2007, 01:42 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

08Roady: Congrats on the ride; it's going to be a beauty.

Are you also ordering the rear speaker kit andCB kit? I ask because the Ultra boxescome pre-drilled for mounting the speaker pods and the CB antenna mount so you will have easily visible holes in that beautiful $1000 box without the pods or CB antenna mount installed.

Some guys have filled the speaker pod holes with plastic plugs and color-matched them with HD touch-up paint that can be ordered from the dealer. Others have purchased after-market rear speaker pods from Hogtunes or Eglide goodies.

Old 10-14-2007, 04:20 PM
08roady
Tourer

Pingman,
Thank you for that info, I did not know that those came with the holes for the speakers. Know I am back to the drawing board, I don't think I want to do the speakers in back, sounds like it would be too much of a pain in the **** too me!! I guess I am going to have to go with the King Tour Pac. So if I go with this one, I can just buy the light kit? Does anybody know the part # for it?

Quick Reply: Tour Pac Question!!