Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

road glide or street glide?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2007 | 08:32 AM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member
Default RE: road glide or street glide?

ORIGINAL: SoCal_Pappy

Highly Recommend RENTING BOTH and ride the living cr@p out of them - Then YOU can pick which feels RIGHT-4-U as they are both great Putts....

I have been riding for 30+ years and have always had a HD in my stable.... I can say that this is my first RG and it is the BEST HANDLING TOURING BIKE THAT HD MAKES... BEST IN THE WIND...
That is the best advice you will get!

I've had a number of Harleys, but the only model I have bought twice is the RoadGlide.

Don't worry about what others think - try them out for yourself (on more than just a "test ride" - get rentals).

Old 10-14-2007 | 09:22 AM
phat96
Road Warrior

Right now you are in the best position, you've narrowed it down to damm fine rides, there are suttle differances either way. When your here in the USA you get to ride both of them, then make your purchase, then youget go out to the garage and look at her Oh probabley every hour or so. Have a good time with whatever you choose.

Old 10-14-2007 | 11:51 AM
Bobberino
Road Master

I have 07 streetglide, and I must say I think it was a good choice. Before I chose the Street Glide I actually did a comparison with the Road Glide. The price of the Road Glide is a lil cheaper than a Street Glide, and sometimes I still dont get it, sincethe SG's areally stripped down model. I thought I couldnt have dealt with the fairing on the RG not moving, but as a buddy of mine whos been on crotch rockets all his life then moving to a RG says that its just the same as rocket. Another aspect was accessorizing the bike. I mean I knew there were endless ways of building either, but in the end cuz of the simplestic look, I went with the SG. Have you tried renting either or or even a test ride on both to see what youd dig. Keep us up with whatever you decide on.

Old 10-14-2007 | 12:30 PM
Scootr
Road Master

I love my SG but you can't go wrong with either. It is such a personal preference choice that only you can make it. This is one of the few areas of life that it can be all about you and what you like. Get the bike that you can't stop looking at and thinking about. I often find myself just starring at my bike in the garage. My wife is just a little jealous of the Harley

Old 10-14-2007 | 01:39 PM
turbo54
Road Master

Dec issue of American Iron has a big article about the RG. I read where the RG places the forks behind the steering head for better low speed steeering effort .

[IMG]local://upfiles/3159/2DE01A60EDA346C0AC0DFB23029E53A5.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-14-2007 | 04:52 PM
dirtyduk
2nd Gear

I still own a couple of Ducati's my favorite is my 02 ST4s , that is superbike fast and handles like no other touring bike ,but I now have 30+k miles on it after 5 years. My 06 Road Glide got 14k just last summer, The attraction is super slab comfort and stability and I love the cool modern style, It just says ride me when I go in my garage, and it never kicks my *** on long days. I can ride it from sun to moon. I did change the seat to a corbin close(rider forward)after about 2kand the windshield I replaced with a taller version after 300 miles. I love the Glide but I like looking at both.
I'm with the others Rent em and get the one that turns you on and keeps you happy after at least a 200 mile ride.[sm=biker.gif]

Old 10-15-2007 | 12:39 PM
NICK56
Road Master

U cant make a mistake with either mcy IMO. I own both currently. 07 RG and a 03 Ultra.
Ive had many Classics along the way as well.. 03 Vrod too.. FXLR back in 1987, Many years on HD product .. This RG is by far the best handling Big twin they have ever made. I bought this one in 5-07 and 2 other bud's rode mine and traded in their Ultras for 2 new RG's.. (of course i installed the IDS---a must have item) They too have been riding HD for many many years ! There is no choice as to what mcy will out handle the other. The RG will run circles around the Ultra. and its way more fun to ride! The RG is like a big sport tourer . That said on a long trip in takin my Ultra ! Good Luck either way.
PS: That RG is UGLYYYYYYY!.. ;-)

Old 10-15-2007 | 01:46 PM
cadman311
Club Member

I am now buying a road glide. I have a lowrider but I just love the ride of road glide has. I am still keeping the lowrider just for the city drives.