Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

road glide or street glide?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2007 | 09:00 PM
Wally
Elite HDF Member
Default RE: road glide or street glide?

If I had the money for a second bike, it would be Roadglide. I think.....

Old 10-13-2007 | 11:19 PM
uweldit
Road Captain

Get the one with 2 headlights

Old 10-14-2007 | 12:55 AM
sifularson
Elite HDF Member

I obviously made my decision. I heard that the RG was the best riding Harley in the touring line. I tried both an SG and RG and settled on the RG. I also got a great deal IMO, 18K for new 07. I also felt that the RG had more "room." I like the fact that the stereo, etc is farther away. You will have to decide. The RG is less "traditional" especially with the dougle headlight. Goldwings even wave at me.

Old 10-14-2007 | 04:09 AM
DI75
Ultimate HDF Member

I must admit I've never ridden a road glide and really liked the looks of the SG better. That however, was before coming to this forum and seeing some of the great customized RG here. Now I think the looks are a toss up. So like previous posters stated, go rent one of each, and make your decision...Good Luck!!

Old 10-14-2007 | 06:01 AM
Jrsess
Ultimate HDF Member

I recently bought a new Street Glide.The look is what pulled me that way. I really like the lower look of the SG! I prefer not having to much stuff on my ride also. Either way you can't go wrong . Jrsess

Old 10-14-2007 | 07:22 AM
brewdog
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: Wally

If I had the money for a second bike, it would be Roadglide. I think.....
Wally.......I ditto this big time. If my wife wasn't such an avid rider and I could swing another 20K in moto-fun, it would be the RG in VIVID BLACK. I think the RG's kick assz. Also, I test drove one and you can really stretch out on them. I'd do a RG with lowers and a 103 kit, with cruise control. I effin love RG's !

Old 10-14-2007 | 08:07 AM
SouthernAlberta
|
Intermediate

Thanks everyone for their comments.

I would really like to rent one but I’m not aware of any rentals in Canada (at least Alberta or BC). I will be in the US in November and will look into renting.

I will probably make the purchase in January. Although the CDN and US dollar are at par, there is about 20% difference in the price of the bikes. I am hoping the price differential will be equal in January. If not, I will purchase in the US and bring across the boarder.

Again, thanks for the comments.

Old 10-14-2007 | 08:15 AM
DonnyI
Road Captain

There will be no change in the price differential come Jan. Good luck buying a "new" US bike and bringing it home. Best to buy a used US bike.

Old 10-14-2007 | 08:16 AM
bigdoghd
Road Master

I think the RG is something you have to get use to look wise, but themore I read about them in this forum, I wish I would have test drove one. I guess the looks kinda grows on you.Seeing what some of the hdforum memebers have done with them sure look sweet!!

Old 10-14-2007 | 08:17 AM
04RoadKing
Outstanding HDF Member

I don't have either one but my father-in-law has a Ultra classic. I know it's not a SG but the Ultra is suposse to be the top of the line touring HD right???? Then last summer my Brother-in-law rented a Road Glide... I rode both and lets just say that If I was to take one of them on a 1000 mile/24hr trip it would be the Road Glide. It was hands down way more comfortable then the Ultra was. In fact I'd take my Road King on a 1000 mile/ 24 hr trip before the Father-in-law Ultra any day....

Quick Reply: road glide or street glide?