Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP NEEDED ASAP: Loud Pipes

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 10:31 PM
Peyts
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HELP NEEDED ASAP: Loud Pipes

Nice pipes... no doubt about it! Any idea if that is the full set or the slip-ons?

Old 10-13-2007, 10:37 PM
Peyts
Road Captain

Glens... I gotta say that I am IMPRESSED with the 2.5" baffles on those Rush Slip-ons. WOW! And to boot, they are almost 1/2 the price of the other ones. How long have you owned yours? Are they sturdy? Good construction? Just wondering why the heck they are so cheap?

Old 10-13-2007, 10:48 PM
brewdog
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The Thunderheaders sound cool !

Old 10-13-2007, 10:52 PM
Peyts
Road Captain

What do you think of the Thunderheaders versus your Rush pipes?

Old 10-13-2007, 11:01 PM
brewdog
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

First off , the clip of the Thunderheaders was not on a stock bike. But, at idle they sound remarkably similar to me.I can't compare from a price standpoint. I can only say that the quality of Rush is top notch. Rush is not a high volume plant pumping out mufflers by the hundreds per day. They are a smaller company with a lot of hand work and come highly polished and feel like they have triple dipped chrome finish. I was blown away when I took them out of the box. Both sound realy good to me. Sounds like it time for you to jump in the water.

Old 10-13-2007, 11:12 PM
Peyts
Road Captain

I have to be honest is saying that I am BLOWN AWAY by the Rush pipes... and that is taking everything in perspective: looks, sound and price point.

Old 10-14-2007, 04:21 AM
PapaTravis
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I know this was not one of your thoughts, but I have Samson fishtails, with no baffles. They are the loudest around, period. I plan on doing a fullsac true duals, which should make them even louder. If you want loud, and are not concerned as much about performance, loose any baffle. IMO.

Old 10-14-2007, 06:19 AM
04 rkcrr
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have thunderheaders slipons with samson duals sounds awsome. Listen to Gmoneys clip and you will agree. Thunderheaders sound good at any speed especially at idle. In my opinion rh sound like a honda at idle. They only sound good when you are really twisting the throttle. Like some of these guys have said you are on a differant beast now. Your pipes are under saddle bags and further behind you not going to be as loud on the bike. Once again just my opinion but rush slipons sound kind of ratty but thereare several differant baffles you can try.

Old 10-14-2007, 09:39 AM
glens
Outstanding HDF Member

Yes, Rush can get to sounding a little raspy if all you do is put them on. I've seen mention made of repacking them after little more than 1k miles and the state of the packing would certainly be a factor there. In my case, I'm sure the packing isn't what it was when new after more than 8k miles of use but doing the airbox/PC-III bit mellowed out any rasp quite a bit.

Old 10-14-2007, 09:54 AM
04 rkcrr
Tourer

Thats my point who wants to have to repack there mufflers all the time, I want to ride my bike not work on it. Rh end caps turn colors who wants to deal with that. If you get thunderheaders and have the bike tuned properly you wont have any problems.

Quick Reply: HELP NEEDED ASAP: Loud Pipes