Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which Tour Pak for a RKC?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2007 | 10:01 AM
rde
|
Road Captain
Default Which Tour Pak for a RKC?

How do owners like the leather RKC Tour-Pak vs a color matched King or Chopped Tour-Pak? The leather Tour-Pak is smaller, and looks OK but I wonder if it holds up over time? I like the leather saddlebags on the Classic, but I am sure the addition of more leatherwith the Tour-Pak really fits the look of the bike. I also like the idea of adding a rack to the top of the hard Tour-Pak.

If any RKC ownershave some pics of their bike with a color matched Tour-Pac I would really like to see them. There's alot of money involved in buy a Tour-Pak and I'm really undecided about which way to go. I'm obviously leaning towards a color matched Pak, but I just haven't seen many on Road King Classics.

Old 10-13-2007 | 05:59 PM
wiggy100
Intermediate
Default RE: Which Tour Pak for a RKC?

Buler.....hmm, no response.

I am interested too.

Old 10-13-2007 | 06:26 PM
rde
|
Road Captain

[sm=feedback.gif]Bummer! I was hoping somebody out there with a Road King Classic has some experience with either a leather or color matchedTour -Pak.

wiggy100 and I are sure curious what you did!

Old 10-14-2007 | 04:39 AM
PapaTravis
Elite HDF Member

Have you looked at these guys? http://www.mutazu.com/products.php?c...amp;s=prod.phpMuch cheaper to get than either of the ones you are thinking about, and come with a lot of HD colors. JMHO.

Old 10-14-2007 | 09:40 AM
J. Paul
Intermediate

I'll get back with you on my upcoming project. I making a Road King Ultra Classic. Going to build a hard inner structure for a leather back pack then mount it with a Ultra Classic back rest on a removable bracket system. Also adding a removable faring from a UC up front. It will house the gps, XM radio and the Autocomm system. Wish me luck, all the parts have been gathered and starting the project tomorrow. I'll let you know.

Old 10-14-2007 | 09:59 AM
ckgdrums
Outstanding HDF Member

I have the leather Tour-Pak for the RKC. I absolutely love the way it looks, sorry no pics yet. To me, a colored Tour-Pak would take away from the looks of the bike. Kinda like putting a leather Tour-Pak on a Street Glide or RK Standard.

The leather TP is the way to go, in my opinion.

I'll try to get some pics posted after work, today.

Old 10-14-2007 | 10:27 AM
roadkingbill
Stage II

I have an 03 RKC and I had the same dilemma -- leather RKC TourPak or a color-matched one.
I decided that if I put the leather one on, the back of the bike would be "all-black" and the only place you'd be able to see the color of the bike from the rear would be if you looked at the rear fender.

I put a color-matched TP with the detachable TP rack on for around $1K, thinking that if I went the detachable route, I could take the TP off wheneverI wanted. Well... it's been on since Oct 2004 and the only time it's been off is when the bike gets washed! LOL It's just SO dang convenient to have that big lockable box on the back, and Momma likes it too!!!

RKBill

[IMG]local://upfiles/45298/985ECADA87DB448FA88BB8432A99F853.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-14-2007 | 11:30 AM
rde
|
Road Captain

Your bike looks awesome.[sm=groupwave.gif]
I have the same dilemma-wondering if too much leather actually detracts from the bike.
Your Tourpak seems to flow with the rest of the bike very nicely.
Now I am even more confused. Your pic is exactly what I was looking for. I certainly must at least consider a color Tourpak now.I really like the look on yours.Seems you can't go wrong with either Tourpak!

Old 10-14-2007 | 11:46 AM
SoCal_Pappy
Elite HDF Member

Have the LEATHER TP on my '01 RKC.... Works Great... Looks GREAT!!! I like things that match...

Old 10-14-2007 | 12:16 PM
Lu
Road Warrior

You could get the Premium Leather Tour pak

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

$1500 though [sm=escape.gif]
[align=left] [/align]

Quick Reply: Which Tour Pak for a RKC?