Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which Tour Pak for a RKC?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2007 | 03:53 PM
RoadKing Warrior
Intermediate
Default RE: Which Tour Pak for a RKC?

So I'm guessing that in order to get access to the leather bags, you have to disconnect the chopped pak from the mounts?

Old 10-15-2007 | 03:58 PM
JamieCarr
Banned

Mine's in my sig. leather. I don't think the fiber would look right.

Old 10-15-2007 | 04:21 PM
FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member

Im not a Road King guy but IMO if ya got the leather bags ya have to have the leather tour pack.

Old 10-15-2007 | 05:52 PM
steelhead
Road Master

I have the leather RKC tourpak on my '01 RKC. Personally, I like the leather look.

I also have a luggage rack on mine (see pic in my gallery). It is hardly ever uesed but I do like the look of some extra chrome.

I'm also a big fan of detachable. Whenever I don't need it, the tourpak is off the bike. I like the looks and handling of the bike much better when stripped down.

Old 10-15-2007 | 06:21 PM
Burglar56
Advanced

I went for the King tourpac, the large backrest is much more comfortable for the pillion and you canlock two full face helmets inside, you do slightly restrict the opening of the saddlebag lids but not enough to worry about. I also like the look of the premium leather tourpac and could be tempted to go that way if I had to make a choice today.

Old 10-16-2007 | 11:41 AM
Harley.Driver
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: steelhead

I have the leather RKC tourpak on my '01 RKC. Personally, I like the leather look.

I also have a luggage rack on mine (see pic in my gallery). It is hardly ever uesed but I do like the look of some extra chrome.

I'm also a big fan of detachable. Whenever I don't need it, the tourpak is off the bike. I like the looks and handling of the bike much better when stripped down.
@ Steelhead,

i want to install a luggage rack on mine.
With is yours?
Do you have more pictures pls ...

Old 10-16-2007 | 12:19 PM
steelhead
Road Master

That is the only pic I have handy.

While I can't say for sure as the rack was already on teh TP when I got it, I believe it is:

Nostalgic Tour-PakĀ® Lid Rack

Style and function in one. Hand-polished, chrome-plated twin rail design matches Nostalgic Saddlebag Lid Rails P/N 53643-96 and Guard Rails P/N 90839-94.

53101-96

Old 10-16-2007 | 12:38 PM
I am Jerry
Road Master

ORIGINAL: steelhead

That is the only pic I have handy.

While I can't say for sure as the rack was already on teh TP when I got it, I believe it is:

Nostalgic Tour-PakĀ® Lid Rack

Style and function in one. Hand-polished, chrome-plated twin rail design matches Nostalgic Saddlebag Lid Rails P/N 53643-96 and Guard Rails P/N 90839-94.

53101-96
I remember reading in an earlier post that the leather tour-pak might not be strong enough to support the rack. Have you had any issues?

Old 10-16-2007 | 02:49 PM
steelhead
Road Master

None.

The rack bolts through the top and up against a large backing plate. I don't know if you would want a large samsonite bungied to it at 75 mrp but for anything else, I think you are safe.

Old 10-16-2007 | 06:42 PM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member

It ought to match not contrast, IMO. I put the hard bags on my Roadie custom and recently added a hard King Tour Pak. See the pics in my gallery, It is a RK Ultra modeled after Ram's scoot, cept I started with a Custom. Very versatile since it is all detachable.

Quick Reply: Which Tour Pak for a RKC?