Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Satellite radio not as loud as regular radio

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 05:20 PM
SFarace20
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Satellite radio not as loud as regular radio

My Sirius is not as loud as my regular radio, I use the AUX jack. Two things that do make a difference one is to make sure the FM transmitter is turned off on the Sirius radio, and the other is to make sure the volume is turned up all the way on the Sirius radio as well. Both are easily found in the settings.

Old 10-12-2007, 05:25 PM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member

ORIGINAL: SFarace20

My Sirius is not as loud as my regular radio, I use the AUX jack. Two things that do make a difference one is to make sure the FM transmitter is turned off on the Sirius radio, and the other is to make sure the volume is turned up all the way on the Sirius radio as well. Both are easily found in the settings.
Mine is loud and clear. Using the Starmate4 directly into the aux input.

Old 10-12-2007, 06:24 PM
Grunt66
Advanced

I have the Starmate 2 installed on my 07 Road Glide. There are two areas that you look into. Make sure the volume on the Starmate is adjusted, I have mine all the way up. The second is make sure the FM transmitter is turned off. For some reason with the FM transmitter on, the volume level is descreased. I just replaced my Starmate under warranty and when I received the new unit I could barely here it when I was going 50mph. I turmed the FM transmitter off in the menu of the Starmate and all is well again. I can hear the Sirius Starmate loud and clear at highway speeds with a full face helmet on. I hope this helps.

Old 10-12-2007, 09:39 PM
gman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my starmate plugged into the AUX on the radio works great. No difference in volume. Great sound, even at 60 mph with no add-on amp.

Old 10-13-2007, 05:25 PM
kst8catfan
Intermediate

Go get yourself a Boosteroo.

http://www.boostaroo.com/

I had the same problem as you with satellite radio on my '07 Ultra.Boosteroo works great. Solved the low volume problem. The only issue I had after installing it was that there's no on/off switch for it. So if I forget to unplug it after I put the bike away, the AAAA (4 A's) batteries go dead after about a week. I now carry spare AAAA batteries in the tour pak.

This is one of the products I almost completely satisfied with....learned about it here on this forum.

$49.95 online...also available at some Moco stores. Also I have HogTunes speakers...but any good aftermarket speakers will cut down any distortion you're getting.

Trust me, IT WORKS!!

Old 10-13-2007, 08:06 PM
Trock
Outstanding HDF Member

Go into the menu setup and adjust the line out or fm mod. volume. If you get it to high sometimes it will be distorted, just try and see if it helps

Old 10-27-2007, 05:20 PM
Ricks07
Novice

ORIGINAL: bigdaddy11311

ORIGINAL: SFarace20

Mine is loud and clear. Using the Starmate4 directly into the aux input.
That solved the problem. To everyone that suggested it....THANKS!

Old 10-27-2007, 08:05 PM
colaSG
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My XM is the HD unit & is no different thenCD or FM.
Mike

Old 10-28-2007, 06:13 AM
TNBagger
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't think the voltage output from an XM receiver is very high. I have one attached to my home stereo setup andthe overall soundis low in volume even when the XM receiver's output is adjusted to max.

Old 09-17-2008, 07:46 PM
whatzleft
Cruiser

Just wondering if plugging into the aux jack in the radio makes a difference? I kinda just have mine throwed on the bike for now to make sure this is the way I want to go before ordering the handlebar bracket from Sirius. The bracket to mount on the handlebars is about 60 bucks but it comes with a short antenna that mounts on a small plate right off the bracket itself, also has a cable to plug right into the aux on my radio. My question is, will plugging right into my aux jack improve my reception/volume???? My reception is pretty good now with the sirius just temp. tye-wrapped to my bars and the long antenna with 20'of wire just stuffed in my saddlebag. I don't want to spend 60 bucks for the bracket and good mounting place for the antenna and the aux cable if it isn't going to give me my volume back. I have hog tune speakers and they sound great with my bike radio/cd, but I'm prolly at half, maybe a tad better with the sat radio. I did turn the volume settings up on the sat radio. If plugging into my auz jack makes a difference then I'll probaly go with it, if not, then I may just stick to what I can hear going down the hiway. Thanks in advance for any insght. Whatzleft

Quick Reply: Satellite radio not as loud as regular radio