Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kudos to Zannotis on IDS return

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2007 | 04:42 PM
Scootr
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Kudos to Zannotis on IDS return

That is enough for me. I have been on the fence about whether to do the install or take it to the stealer. I think the boys at Zannotti's are awesome and love shopping with them. I will have them to the bearing and I will install myself. I can't stand when the dealer pull this crap and then we support the bad behavior by going along with it. My goal is to learn as much as possible and get to the point where I don't need to go crawling to the dealer at all.

Old 10-12-2007 | 05:38 PM
rlb5857
Cruiser

Wonder how many people get sucked into that crap about if stealer doesn't install items they won't have a warranty. I really think that would not stand up in any court of law!!!

I have just about had my fill of crap like this!

Old 10-12-2007 | 05:43 PM
glide
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: MassHD

Quick question about that. When you take off the rear wheel are there marks on the swing arm to line up the wheel?
Obviously you are talking about an 07, they have a cam type setup that takes care of the alignment for you unlike the older setups where you had to adjust the wheel independently on both sides to align it. If in doubt about your qualifications, first get a manual and second, mark the cam so you can reinstall it in the same position.

Old 10-12-2007 | 06:34 PM
Burglar56
Advanced

I would keep the IDs from Zannotis and buy the manual, get your mate to come over one afternoon with a 6 pack or two and do the install yourself which is very easy if you hadZannotis fit the bearing,and you should know how to remove both front and rear wheels in case you have a problem on the road one day. ps it was good advice to use anti seize on the axle and not grease which dries out over time.

Old 10-13-2007 | 06:43 PM
Bushy
|
Road Warrior
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I agree with everyone here/ I am keeping the IDS from Zanttis ams doing my own install

Old 10-13-2007 | 06:52 PM
Dalton
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Took me about an hour. Use a pencile to mark the cam on the left side of th ebike and th eswingarm so belt tension is same as when you took it apart. DO use a torque qrench to install the five bolts into the hub. Do use a torque wrench to tighten the axle.

Tip: Put the bike on a bike stand, jack it all the way up. Put a floor jack (if you got one) under the rear tire to support it while pulling the axle and to lift the tire back into place. This job is easy for even novices.

Old 10-13-2007 | 07:55 PM
voodoodrug
Stellar HDF Member
Received 95 Likes on 82 Posts

eeeezzzzy and lots of fun. At 80mph I ant trustin anyone but me.

Old 10-13-2007 | 09:10 PM
acedantinne
Tourer

You got that right.They seem to make things right! For all.

Old 10-13-2007 | 09:17 PM
acedantinne
Tourer

Bushy, Live any where near Easton,Pa.? look me up I will help you put the FIX on. Takes about 1.5 hours. Have all the tools. Yes drive belt tool to.

Old 10-13-2007 | 09:17 PM
choochoo
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well I think maybe one person has finally learned also, what I've been saying.
Don't reward crappy dealers or the manufacturer by giving them more money.
Maybe some others will learn too!
ORIGINAL: SMUNDORF

That is enough for me. I have been on the fence about whether to do the install or take it to the stealer. I think the boys at Zannotti's are awesome and love shopping with them. I will have them to the bearing and I will install myself. I can't stand when the dealer pull this crap and then we support the bad behavior by going along with it. My goal is to learn as much as possible and get to the point where I don't need to go crawling to the dealer at all.

Quick Reply: Kudos to Zannotis on IDS return