Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Battery tender

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2007 | 01:14 PM
MNPGRider
Seasoned HDF Member
Default RE: Battery tender

ORIGINAL: Gutman
The plugs do not come installed by he MOCO. Many dealers install the plugs at time of the PDI set up. The harness does not come with the new battery tenders. It must be purchased seperately. Part number is 94624-97B. The cigarette lighter is switched power, so you would have to charge with the switch on acc. One step forward, two steps back. The harness is too simple to hook to the battery. It only takes a few minutes.
Don't know where you are getting your information, but I have a brand new one, still in the package, with quick disconnect and regualar battery clamps. Numerous magazine articles road testing harley'shave also mentioned the Battery Tender's quick disconnect being on the bikes. Here's the link from the manufacturer that shows it complete:

http://batterytender.com/default.php...407efd71fba96f

This, by the way, was a free replacement when one of mine went south in the last month of a five year warranty. I received a brand new one, free of charge, with a ten year warranty. It cost me $6 to send back the one that failed. Super customer service!

You typically can find these on sale all over the internet around $40.

Part number P/N 021-0128 for the 12 volt model

Old 10-12-2007 | 01:57 PM
Gutman
Road Master

MNPGRider, Sorry, I was refering to the H-D battery tender. MOC quit putting the harness in last year. Only have the alligator harness in them now. Makes no sense. "Battery Tender" brandstill includes both.

Old 10-12-2007 | 02:03 PM
NCCopBikeRider
Road Warrior

Powerlet is an excellent source for battery tender, heated clothing, and other electrical connections for your Touring Bike.

Mil Spec, Quality Materials with excellent Customer Service

Old 10-12-2007 | 02:10 PM
MassHD
Road Warrior

Some real good stuff at this web site. Have used them many times.

http://powerlet.net/index.php?mid=0

Old 10-12-2007 | 02:21 PM
MNPGRider
Seasoned HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Gutman MNPGRider, Sorry, I was refering to the H-D battery tender. MOC quit putting the harness in last year. Only have the alligator harness in them now. Makes no sense. "Battery Tender" brandstill includes both.
LOL, that's about as bad as HD selling the Gerbings with only a one year guarantee!

Old 10-12-2007 | 02:33 PM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member

The battery tender must be connected directly to the battery terminal to charge correctly, don't connect to a switched accessory terminal.

While you can start your bike while the tender is connected, I would not make a practice of it.

One of the best places to buy a Battery Tender is http://www.mawonline.com/batteryt.ht...ery%20chargers
They have the four bank chargers on sale now....also have tender accessories for sale.

A Battery Tender is one of the best investments you can make for you batter life....

Old 10-12-2007 | 02:45 PM
Gutman
Road Master

ORIGINAL: MNPGRider

ORIGINAL: Gutman MNPGRider, Sorry, I was refering to the H-D battery tender. MOC quit putting the harness in last year. Only have the alligator harness in them now. Makes no sense. "Battery Tender" brandstill includes both.
LOL, that's about as bad as HD selling the Gerbings with only a one year guarantee!

Or EFI Race Tuners without the cord to connect to your ECM. Stocks are down, gotta finda a way to save somewhere.

Old 10-12-2007 | 03:32 PM
dbullard1
Intermediate

Well my 07 UC did not come with the plug for the battery tender. But I do have the battery tender and the pigtail to do it with.

Old 10-12-2007 | 04:15 PM
MACK
Road Warrior

Gutman is right on all counts.

Old 10-12-2007 | 04:43 PM
Gutman
Road Master

Thank's Mack. How have sales been? It has been awhile since I posted last, but you always have good info. Ride on.

Quick Reply: Battery tender