Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

XM radio?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 05:29 AM
lawmanadam
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XM radio?

Not sure if this is were this needs to be? I want to put XM radio on my 07 roadking. There is no radio, of course, but everything I have read about XM says it goes through your FM radio to work. Is there something out there to make the XM work without having an FM radio on your bike? Any help would be appreciated!!!-

Old 10-12-2007, 05:41 AM
DonnyI
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: XM radio?

Pioneer XM2GO

Old 10-12-2007, 06:16 AM
ron potier
Cruiser

Before I got my 08 Ultra, I rode a RoadStar (yeah, I know, rice burner) and put a UniqCycle.com amp and speakers on the bike. The amp went in the saddlebag and speakers on the handlebars. BTW, the amp puts out 150 watts. I ran a Sirius radio with the mounting/power kit sold by Sirius for motorcycles. The mounting for the radio had a speaker jack built onto it. This set up was pretty good at hearing over wind, traffic, and the Hard Krome Big Straits on the bike. Don't know what's available for the XM system except the UniqCycle.com set up. Try their web site before buying anything.

I used the mounting kit to put the receiver on my Ultra and plugged the speaker outlet into the accesory input on the radio.

Old 10-12-2007, 06:32 AM
tacmedic
Cruiser

I agree with DONNY1, the pioneer Inno setup is the way to go.I was in the same boat, anda couple folks suggested it. Works great, you can store up to 5 hours worth of programming/ music on it, portablility is also nice. One downside is the battery life isn't the greatest, same with just about anything along thses lines,but it works well enough for me.

Old 10-12-2007, 06:46 AM
lawmanadam
Advanced

But will it play xm by itself or does it require and fm radio to transmitt? I don't want to save songs onto it, I want to listen to the different channels of xm. I read up on the xm2go but still didn't understand if you had to be close to a FM radio?

Old 10-12-2007, 06:56 AM
DonnyI
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Simple as this, put it in your pocket and listen to XM anywhere.

Old 10-12-2007, 07:28 AM
Trock
Outstanding HDF Member

Well not that simple, the antenna is not good enough to pick up the signal when your body blocks it. You need a antenna mounted on your bike, you can buy one with a 4 ft wire and a magnetic back. You will need a bracket to mount the Inno or Myfi to your handle bars. You will have to listen to it with earphones if you don't have a radio to play it through. Check out the myfi's on ebay they are a lot cheaper and will do what you want. Also look at xmfan store for the antenna.

Old 10-12-2007, 07:32 AM
tacmedic
Cruiser

And the key is "anywhere", you can take it and put it in your car , take it jogging, use it at homeect... It's a stand alone unit. I also use the Shure E2cear plugs since they also keep outside noise out (15db if I remember right) and they have great sound quality a little pricey but well worth it.

Old 10-12-2007, 07:43 AM
ckgdrums
Outstanding HDF Member

The Pioneer Inno is definitely the way to go. It gets decent reception by itself, but better if you buy the external antenna. Here's a link where you can find both.

XM Online Store

Old 10-12-2007, 08:22 AM
lawmanadam
Advanced

Thanks everybody!!!!

Quick Reply: XM radio?