Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

XM radio?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 08:22 AM
24guns
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: XM radio?

I love my Inno and will probably mill up a nice holder/mount for it over the winter months.

The Inno will require the car docking kit in order to broadcast the FM signal. IT WILL NOT DO THE FM BROADCASTWITHOUT THE CAR DOCK.
Later, you can just run a cable from the headphone line to aux in on the radio, when/if you get one. Othewise, sounds like you'll need some headphones but I am not sure if that is legal in all states.

External antenna works best, but I have pretty good success with the internal antenna if I wear it on my sleeve. Not perfect, but not all that bad.

I get about 5 hours battery life out of mine.

Old 10-12-2007, 04:22 PM
lawmanadam
Advanced

I am looking at the 2wheel tunes setup for speakers and I am planning on hooking the inno or myfi or skyfi to the speakers that way. Think this will work?

Old 10-12-2007, 09:49 PM
koga
Cruiser

The problem for me with the xmtogo waswhenriding my RK you had to turn it up full blast to even hear it at highway speed. When not moving if you had it full blast it felt like I was going to burst an ear drum, so I figure that even if you could not hear the music much at highway speed it was still damaging the ear drums.

Of course I only ride with no helmet or with just a novelty one, it may be different with a full helmet

Old 10-13-2007, 09:26 AM
lawmanadam
Advanced

Can I just plug in the speakers to the headphone jack and play it that way? Anyone used the delphi skyfi3? I have heard it freezes up and no way to reset?

Old 10-13-2007, 09:57 AM
Trock
Outstanding HDF Member

If some of you that are having problems with volume will look on the menu screen you can raise the modulation volume there. Most of the time there set low to prevent distortion. You can raise that and sometimes help

Old 10-14-2007, 08:23 AM
lawmanadam
Advanced

Ok, sorry to beat a dead horse but I really don't know about xm! There is a system on ebay for sael with speakers and xm roady xt for a motorcycle. The guy claims that the system worked great on his bike. His bike was a Honda Shadow with no radio on it. How in the h_ll did he get the system to work without a FM radio on the bike?????? In the pic there is a funny looking box that is smaller than the speakers and I believe it says CD/RADIO on it. Kinda hard to tell from the pic. What is this and could that be how he is getting it to work??? Thanks!!!!

Old 10-14-2007, 09:15 AM
Bluking06
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I am running XM Roady2 with Amplified speakers (the XT did not work too well....static noise). I pick ed up my set through www.customcyclesounds.com. The speakers are powered fom the hotwire in the headlight assembly, a 12v socket is connected to hotwire also and the XM is plugged into the 12v for power, and the speaker wire is plugged the speaker port of the XM tuner. The system works pretty good. Look on ebay for a ROADY2.

Old 10-14-2007, 09:37 AM
lawmanadam
Advanced

I tried to email you about the xm hookup, maybe it worked. If not, my email is lawmanadam@hotmail.com if you could email me with details on how you hooked up the xm and all the parts that you had to use. Thanks!!!!

Old 10-14-2007, 10:08 AM
ckgdrums
Outstanding HDF Member

Lawman, I have XM on my 07 RKC. I used my Roady 2 with the amplified speaker setup from Uniq Cycle Sounds ($275). The amp is under the seat and the speakers mount on the engine guard. I also have a mount for my iPod Nano. Both work great. I use the 1/8" output from my Roady 2 and the headphone out on my Nano. For the XM I chose a RAM mounting system.

PM or e-mail me if you have any questions... I'd be happy to help.

Old 10-14-2007, 12:17 PM
HD Jake
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Unless you are set on XM, check out the play lists on Sirius.
IMO they have better play lists, better channnels

Wife has XM in her car and I have Sirius in mine and on my Ultra and we like it better

Quick Reply: XM radio?