Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lowering Help on FLHX

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2007 | 11:38 PM
HarlyFan
|
Tourer
Default Lowering Help on FLHX

Has anyone lowered just the rear on the SG's? How would this affect the handling? I just paid to have the front end chromed and forgot about lowering it and don't want to pay to have the front end torn down again. I am trying to get about an inch lower for us vertically challenged individuals........... Any advice would be appreciated!

Old 10-11-2007 | 11:42 PM
drdiesel1
Road Captain
Default RE: Lowering Help on FLHX

Dropping the rear another inch would cause cornering problems IMHO. Maybe you could have a custom seat made that would allow lower saddle height instead..[8D]

Old 10-11-2007 | 11:43 PM
thatguy
Tourer

Its' already nearly an inch lower than the other Electraglides - IMHO I dont think it would be a good idea. Get thicker soles.

Old 10-12-2007 | 05:22 AM
DanB
Tourer

Agree...I think it comes with Harley's Short Shocks to begin with, thus the reason it is 1 inch lower to begin with.

He's right. Thick sole's will help alot.

DanB

Old 10-12-2007 | 05:50 AM
DonnyI
Road Captain

Best air-ride on the market, Progressive AirTail I.A.S.

CLICK HERE

Old 10-12-2007 | 12:00 PM
texas steve
Tourer

ORIGINAL: HarlyFan

Has anyone lowered just the rear on the SG's? How would this affect the handling? I just paid to have the front end chromed and forgot about lowering it and don't want to pay to have the front end torn down again. I am trying to get about an inch lower for us vertically challenged individuals........... Any advice would be appreciated!
I used a lowering kit on my 07SG dropped it 1.25" and have noticed no difference in handling. you do have to pump you shocks up to about 25 PSI AND Im not sure how well it would work with a rider. I ride single always.

Texas STeve

Old 10-12-2007 | 12:54 PM
billnourse
Seasoned HDF Member

The Street Glide already drags the floorboards sooner than the rest of the dressers. If you go another inch lower you are really going to have issues.

Bill

Old 10-12-2007 | 12:57 PM
FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member

Strap some wood blocks on the bottom of your feet

Old 10-12-2007 | 02:39 PM
BikerGent
Advanced

It does not do any thing to the bike turns are no problem I just ran the Dragon 5-6 times its NOT a jap bike so I don't think you will be scraping your knees Its a touring bike after all.( plus it looks cool )

Old 10-13-2007 | 05:31 AM
DanB
Tourer

Donny...checked out the progressive shock page. No prices shown. Can you tell us price range and which shock did you go for?

DanB

P.S. Seems the vendor that carries them is about 1/2 mile from me...awfully close...

Quick Reply: Lowering Help on FLHX