Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tour Pak Backrest

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 09:49 AM
RD GLD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tour Pak Backrest

I am ordering the Ultra Tour Pak and was just wondering what Back Rest to order with that. What have most of you thought is most comfortable and/or best looking? I am between the Pillow Look and the Leather Road Zeppelin. All of your input is greatly appreciated. I will be ordering today.

Old 10-11-2007, 10:10 AM
jakester
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Tour Pak Backrest

RD GLD.....Ialso just got new backrest was told the zep rest only went with zep seat??? i ordered road king rest with the harley emblem on back for my o4 EG standard and it is awsome....they are all nice alot of choices!!!! What did you decide on tour pack purchase???? GOOD LUCK....BROOKFIELD IL TIM.....

Old 10-11-2007, 10:14 AM
gunrunner
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Get the one that matches the seat, they all except maybe the zep feel the same.

Old 10-11-2007, 10:16 AM
RD GLD
Outstanding HDF Member

I went with the full Anniversary Ultra Tour Pak. All back rests mount on the Tour Pak, should not have anything to do with what seat is on the bike. I plan on getting the Sun Ray eventually.

ORIGINAL: jakester

RD GLD.....Ialso just got new backrest was told the zep rest only went with zep seat??? i ordered road king rest with the harley emblem on back for my o4 EG standard and it is awsome....they are all nice alot of choices!!!! What did you decide on tour pack purchase???? GOOD LUCK....BROOKFIELD IL TIM.....

Old 10-11-2007, 10:51 AM
gunrunner
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: RD GLD

I went with the full Anniversary Ultra Tour Pak. All back rests mount on the Tour Pak, should not have anything to do with what seat is on the bike. I plan on getting the Sun Ray eventually.

The anniversary backrest has the 105 crest in the middle. I mean you bought a anny model, and went with the anny. tourpak, why not bring it all together with the right backrest.

Old 10-11-2007, 01:40 PM
RD GLD
Outstanding HDF Member

I have the regular anniversary sissy bar, but I was not aware that there is an anniversay back rest available for the tour pak. I guess I have to look into it more.

ORIGINAL: gunrunner

ORIGINAL: RD GLD

The anniversary backrest has the 105 crest in the middle. I mean you bought a anny model, and went with the anny. tourpak, why not bring it all together with the right backrest.

Old 10-11-2007, 01:58 PM
SoCal_Pappy
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Easiest way is: When you order your TourPak tell the sales person you want the Baskrest to match your seat (that your going to get) Sun Ray...

Old 10-11-2007, 02:10 PM
RD GLD
Outstanding HDF Member

Well, Just got done ordering everything!!!! Anniversary Tour Pak, Fairing Lowers, Glove Boxes for Lowers, Rigid Mount for Tour Pak, Matched Key Set, and Anniversary Back Rest... Wow, Gonna have to work a bumch to cover that this winter. But at least I'll have my RG Ultra or the new Tour Glide!! I'll just have to work on rear speaker pods and some chrome in the spring. I'll post some pics when all is on.

Old 10-11-2007, 02:19 PM
Ghosty
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sweet. I've been thinking of doing the same for my 100th anniversary RG. Just have to convince my banker ... lol. Alot of bucks but oh so nice. I'm looking forward to your pictures.

[IMG]local://upfiles/30695/D1A0E65C2140434FBA041C28796B04DF.jpg[/IMG]