Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to trip a traffic light on a bike.

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2007 | 08:47 PM
mp
Stellar HDF Member
Default RE: How to trip a traffic light on a bike.

I have nearly 100% success putting the kickstand down, but I never lean the bike over on it. Having the stand sticking out increases the width of the bike, so most sensors will detect it.

Old 10-11-2007 | 08:56 PM
SamStone
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Varooom

Putting down your kickstand, put the weight of the bike on it, then lift it back up. Works ever time for stubborn lights.

Doug
Yes, kickstand works every time for me.

Old 10-12-2007 | 07:30 AM
swestbrook60
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: SpikeCT

Ok,
First off would it work? pending on mounted location it could. But I don't want to keep tryingto check if its there and being in around pill box youwould need to make sure it doesn't fall off as your contact area is small if laid sideways and could roll off. What Ido is use my kick stand.... when I aproach the loops I setup so I can drop it over the coils imbeded in the ground for a sec then it will trip the light.This only works if the loop is at the stop line. Here in Sugar Land there is actually one light that they put new loops in far away from the stop line. So i try to ride over the the parallelline to get it to trip if there is no car infront of me. seems to work so far.
I met with a Sugar Land traffic engineer to reset the sensitivity of 2 lights near my house and I asked him about some of these "tricks". He said he would have to see it to believe it about the magnets. He also said Sugar Land, like most cities, are moving away from the embedded coils in the road and are going to traffic cameras. You can see them at all new intersections already. These cameras look for a change in the pixelation of the image received to determine if a vehicle is present or not.