Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HORRIBLE bike wreck

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 05:45 PM
Hoffy
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: HORRIBLE bike wreck

I appreciate postings like that. Just when I start riding with too much confidence and I am too relaxed than a video like this reminds me and puts me back in check real quick. thank you

Old 10-11-2007, 09:27 PM
choochoo
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Personally I have no problem with the post, it and others like it should be allowed here, kinda like drivers education training.
From time to time most everybody gets a little lax in their riding and don't pay enough attention or get to feeling a little cocky and do things that aren't safe. Or just downright stupid (like drinking and riding)
Maybe a few of these posted from time to time may stick in someones subconscious and come to the forefront of the grey matter in time to prevent it from happening to someone.
even one of you, that claim you are always alert and watching!

Old 10-12-2007, 01:41 AM
sifularson
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: relli

ORIGINAL: Wecroft

That link probably won't last a full day on this furum. There are too many sensitive types here that would rather be insulated from the real world, and more than enough moderators that agree with them.
i dont need to see a picture of a burned corpse to know that people are evil enough to stick a baby in an oven. i fail to see any humor in this .should it have been posted. dont know.
Humor? I didn't post it to be funny. I posted it because we all need to realize that it is a dangerous world out there for a person on a bike. A day rarely goes by that I don't have to dodge a car.

Please everyone, ride with caution but still have fun. Riding is the greatest thing in the world.

Steve

Old 10-12-2007, 04:43 AM
relli
Road Warrior
Received 20 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: sifularson

ORIGINAL: relli

ORIGINAL: Wecroft

That link probably won't last a full day on this furum. There are too many sensitive types here that would rather be insulated from the real world, and more than enough moderators that agree with them.
i dont need to see a picture of a burned corpse to know that people are evil enough to stick a baby in an oven. i fail to see any humor in this .should it have been posted. dont know.
Humor? I didn't post it to be funny. I posted it because we all need to realize that it is a dangerous world out there for a person on a bike. A day rarely goes by that I don't have to dodge a car.

Please everyone, ride with caution but still have fun. Riding is the greatest thing in the world.

Steve
no, the humor comment wasnt directed toward you but those that have made the flip comments about the video.its a sign of our time taht we've become so desensitised(?) to the pain and suffering of others that we can joke about something like this. my 2 cents.

Old 10-12-2007, 11:18 AM
stevec314
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will have to say that seeing videos like that do tend to make me more aware of what lurks out there. ALWAYS assume that you are invisible to EVERYONE intersection or not.

Old 10-12-2007, 11:27 AM
acedantinne
Tourer

Good point I agree.

Old 10-12-2007, 11:28 AM
sporty2003
Outstanding HDF Member

i dont think the guy rideing would agree with you at this time . but i do it is very touch and go every single day. and you got to be 10 times as careful as you ever think.always assume the cager is going to be stupid.

Old 10-12-2007, 11:45 AM
sifularson
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Posting this video has been a learning experience for me since I'm relatively new to this forum. I've had my XL for a few years but didn't join here until I bought my RG a couple month ago. I can see now why people would not want videos like this posted here. This is a graphic scene. It actually made me sick to my stomach when I first saw it. I see that this post has over 1800 hits. I would guess that the impact has been made. Was it positive impact or negative. We each have to ask ourselves that.

3 years ago I hit a large dog on my XL. I went down in a split second. I was lucky to just get a little road rash. The dog was not so lucky and died later. My bike cost $2500 to fix. Since then I've been a very aware rider. Yes, it took a crash to wake me up. I hope others will wake up without having to go through that. I see now that it only takes one crash to end it forever.
Steve

Old 10-12-2007, 12:00 PM
texaspirate
Road Captain

Gunrunner,thanks for the videos. Shows two versions of being stupid gets you into trouble!

I welcome such posts if it does one thing! Bring out the awareness that anything can happen to us on the road! Sometimes just a small reminder is enough to help prevent me from having a problem while riding.
It does not matter if it was a scooter, moped or motorcycle, the fact was the cager ran the light and the results were devasting for the person on the two wheeler. This is the real point of the message to me!

Old 10-12-2007, 12:30 PM
greg64
Intermediate

I feel bad for the guy on the moped, but I don't deamit offensive. My parents are funerial directors,now that **** keepsyou real.

The other two videos LOL. The smart man passing while going around the corner.

Quick Reply: HORRIBLE bike wreck