Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Smart Security Help

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 03:19 PM
HDPete
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Smart Security Help

I am installing the Smart Security System and Smart Siren II on my 2007 Road King Custom. The install seems easy enough - the siren came with detailed instructions; however, the Smart Security System did not really come with any install instructions (the sheet only made reference to the Service Manual (which is currently on order at my local shop) and the Electrical Diagnostic Manual). I have seen all the discussions and instructions about manually programming and marrying the TSSM (and the need to go to a dealer to have themmarry thefob using Digital Technician).As I am inpatient and would like to get this installed, I thought I would ask what I believe is my only remaining question: Where/How should I affix the security system antenna/cable? It obviously plugs into the TSSM via the supplied cable but I can't just leave it hangin' there - should I just cable-tie the thing anywhere that looks good? It almost lookslike it should clip somewhere but I can't see where. Any help would be appreciated.

Sorry for the dumb question & thanks in advance.

Old 10-10-2007, 04:39 PM
tbradley
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: Smart Security Help

HDPete, If I am following your question, My Smart Siren came with a peice of Velcro that the instructions said to adhere to the frame behind the Right Side Cover, and sandwich the antenna between the two sides of the Velcor.

Are we talking about the same thing?

Old 10-10-2007, 05:27 PM
HDPete
Stage III

Sorry, I guess I wasn't clear. I am OK with the siren install including the pager antenna....it's the TSSM and the associated antenna (part number 68956-07). The smart security system came with the following items: TSSM module, fob, cable, antenna module. I am just not sure where to secure that piece.

Old 10-10-2007, 05:58 PM
rcblackdog
Novice

I ran into the same problem when I installed mine so I just used the supplied ties and attatched it to the wiring harness on the left side away from the battery. When I had the fob married I asked the service rep to make sure and he said that it was fine thereas long as it wasn't pinched or obstructed in any way. It's been there for over 5000 miles with no problems. The service rep said that it looks like it should clip somewhere but they haven't even been able to find where hence the wire ties.

Old 10-10-2007, 06:52 PM
HDPete
Stage III

Thanks rcblackdog...It was driving me crazy.