Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CLEARVIEW WINDSHIELD

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 07:25 PM
BOKCHOI
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CLEARVIEW WINDSHIELD

Clearview windshield story, ordered a windshield for roadglide on July 31. Aware of 7-8 week delay. Finally recived on Sept. 27. Put on and noticed fit and finish was not up to what I feel was handcrafted quality. Talked to John at clearview and was told windshield should not have those problems. Sent back and received a newwindshield today and the windshield was perfect. Mounting fit and finish was perfect. THANKS JOHN AND CLEARVIEW. I will recomend their windshield and there customer service. Stand up company. If your thinking of ordering a windshield you should...............thanks Bokchoi

Old 10-08-2007, 07:36 PM
aclass
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: CLEARVIEW WINDSHIELD

+1
Great folk to deal with and the way customer service should be.

Old 10-08-2007, 07:39 PM
sifularson
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: BOKCHOI

Clearview windshield story, ordered a windshield for roadglide on July 31. Aware of 7-8 week delay. Finally recived on Sept. 27. Put on and noticed fit and finish was not up to what I feel was handcrafted quality. Talked to John at clearview and was told windshield should not have those problems. Sent back and received a newwindshield today and the windshield was perfect. Mounting fit and finish was perfect. THANKS JOHN AND CLEARVIEW. I will recomend their windshield and there customer service. Stand up company. If your thinking of ordering a windshield you should...............thanks Bokchoi
OK, the obvious questions are 1. Why such a long wait? 2. What kind of fit and finish issues did you have and why did the windshieldpass inspection?

I have a clearview on my "shopping list." What size did you get?

Steve

Old 10-08-2007, 07:39 PM
SoCal_Pappy
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Great Windshields and Great Folks to Deal With!!!!!

Old 10-08-2007, 07:42 PM
seldyn1
Tourer

So, great to hear of yout experience... but how does the shield work? I have a glide, am 6' tall and have an extra tall shield from Harley 19" that works pretty well but it is right about in my line of sight. What size didi you buy and how tall are you??

Old 10-08-2007, 08:21 PM
rocknrod
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think I called John last week. Today I put my new windshield on.
What wait?
Superb product, not flimsy. OEM or better.
I had a stock 4 inch. I put on a 8 inch re-curve. Probably could have used a 6 inch.
It really works!

Old 10-08-2007, 08:27 PM
SoCal_Pappy
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm 6'4" and I'm using the Small (which is 1" shorter & 2" wider then the OEM) It allows more wind protection then the OEM...
If you're using a TALL NOW... Give the guys @ Clearview a call and they'll recommend the right one for your riding style...

With there Re-Curve Windshields it pushes the air flow higher then the OEM and being wider you'll be able to hear your tunes better - And the windshield is thicker then then the OEM so there is less windshield flex...

Old 10-08-2007, 08:55 PM
Jinks
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

We'll see........... Placed my order, waited the 8 weeks then called. John called back & gave me lip service about "being behind, sorry, etc." A week later I got an email that they were "trying" to ship that day. A day or two after that I got shipping info. Delivery is "scheduled" for tomorrow, I hope I don't have to deal with quality issues too. I mentioned to him that others here had called & got shipping in short order while I waited the extended time without any contact. He glossed over it as if it didn't matter. I'm beginning to regret the order, & I haven't even seen the product.

Old 10-08-2007, 08:55 PM
tcp
Cruiser

I think they make them when you order them. They don't have a bunch of stock sitting on a shelf. And that's okay with me, it's worth the wait. Actually I had mine in two weeks. Have them on two bike now. Best windshield out there. The recurve really works.

>>OK, the obvious questions are 1. Why such a long wait?

Old 10-08-2007, 09:00 PM
CSI
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

It's worth the wait. I think they use the same stock that is used for aircraft windshields. Very VERY clear. No distortions, and worth every dollar.

I had a 12 inch stock HD windshield on my Ultra. Went with a 9.5 inch Clearview in smoke. With the recurve design, the air pocket is actually larger and QUIETER than with the stocker.

Quick Reply: CLEARVIEW WINDSHIELD