Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD Garage opener again....

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 08:57 PM
CGLTD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 279 Likes on 204 Posts
Default RE: HD Garage opener again....

Ok, so I took the fairing off today and fixed the problem. I have no idea why I didn't double check this.
When I started this project, I took the terminals out of the headlight plug. Don't ask me why I did this because I'm not sure. After I soldered the wires and started putting everything else together I switched the high beam and the ground wires when I put the terminals back into the plug. That's why the transmitter wasn't transmitting when the headlamp was plugged in! So, after all the headaches I learned a few things along the way and saved some money by not paying someone to do this! Even though I took a couple of weeks. Subract last pas couple of weekends it was only a 30 minute install

Thanks for all of the suggestions from everyone. I appreciate it!

ORIGINAL: screws4156

Ok I'm not trying to be mean, but if you don't knoe the difference between parrallel (More than one path for current to flow) and series (direct path, only one path for current to flow)Stop. Before you fry something.
Thanks screws for the lesson in basic electricity. No offense was taken.

Christoph