Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Riding manners...

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 11:28 AM
bigbean78
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Riding manners...

What's up, guys? I haven't been on here in a whil but this got me fired up enough to post it. I was riding yesterday (07 EGC) on a four lane road split with a median. I'm cruising in the left lane, there's a guy and his girlfriend on a Honda a ways up in the right lane. I looked in my mirror and I see a dressercomingup behind me fast (I'm doing 55mph, limit is 50). The guy gets in the right lane and passes me and get up behindthe Honda.His buddy behind him does the same.I'mwatching these two guys, and out of nowherea thirdguy passes me in my own lane (and I'm in the center ofthelane!)Scared thes$#!outta me, thenthe first guy passes theHonda onthe rightof his lane! Itnoticeably startled the Honda rider and his old lady. I WAS FURIOUS...I watched these three stooges cutting in and out of traffic, basically ridingon the dotted line if they couldn't find room to pass.I believe alcohol may have been involved.Man, did this thingget meangry. These were three old guys who should knowthe rules of theroad...and should knowyoudon't pass someoneyou're not ridng within theirown lane!!! It wasunsafe and plain rude....A-holes!

Old 10-07-2007, 11:33 AM
TexasRedneck
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Riding manners...

Murphy'll git 'em sooner or later...

Or an unmarked cruiser!

Old 10-07-2007, 11:52 AM
stafford
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why were you in the left lane? If you'd been in the right lane they could have pulled into the left lane and passed both of you without infuriating or startling anyone. Right lane except to pass, thats the rules of the road

Old 10-07-2007, 11:53 AM
Yogibear
Tourer

It just goes to show that bikers can also be infected with
the a-hole virus. As mentioned "they will get theirs", unfortunately
they will cause more cagers to hate us.

Later..............

Old 10-07-2007, 12:00 PM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 157 Likes on 53 Posts

This was my first thought too. (I'm not flaming you) Why were you in the left lane if you were only driving 55? I'm not sure what state you were in but in Illinois a semi would have ran up your exhaust in the left lane.
ORIGINAL: stafford

Why were you in the left lane? If you'd been in the right lane they could have pulled into the left lane and passed both of you without infuriating or startling anyone. Right lane except to pass, thats the rules of the road

Old 10-07-2007, 12:04 PM
RICHE
Tourer

They violated your space by passing in the same lane,very rude.I use the left lane only if I'm moving fast but on a two lane highway sucks to stay in the right because of people merging.

Old 10-07-2007, 12:05 PM
TickTock
Club Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow, this reminds of when my (grown) sister went out at 1:00 a.m. to get cigarettes at a convenience store. As she is making her purchase these guys come in force a gun to her head and rob the store. The first words out of my mom's mouth is "what were you doing out at 1:00 a.m."...

Sounds to me like the guy was going faster than the speed limit probably with the flow of traffic in the left lane and probably passing away people in the right lane. Can't see where he was breaking the law or not being curtious to other drivers since it appears that nobody was directly behind him when this occurred.

Old 10-07-2007, 12:10 PM
MACK
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I am with the majority on this one. Stay out of the left lane except to pass. Even if the right lane is a bit bumpy you can usually avoid the bumps on a two wheeler by riding close to one line or the other in the lane.

Old 10-07-2007, 12:18 PM
bigbean78
Cruiser

It's a highly traveled road I was on...and I always ride withthe speed of traffic. Besides, him racing past me was even more pointless seeing as how there was a car in front of me doing 55mph. That's when they became even more foolish riding the dotted line to get past people. I ride in what lane I feel safest in, left lane on that particular road. Lots ofcars in the right lane turning on and off the road...

Old 10-07-2007, 12:33 PM
Kern
Road Master

ORIGINAL: bigbean78
I believe alcohol may have been involved.
What? How the F do you know that? Did he have a beer in between his legs? Was he swerving uncontrollably?You smell it as he went by?

Cmon brother, he was in a hurry or just being an ***. Every single one of us here has done it at some point in our life. He probably was just as surprised coming upon somebody "cruising" in the left lane!!! I don't care if its 50 or 70, somebody is always going to want to go faster.

Quick Reply: Riding manners...