Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Riding manners...

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 01:19 PM
rickoshay45
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Riding manners...

The fact is a group of riders were acting and driving in a way that makes all of us look bad. We can't do anything about these idiots but try to stay clear and hope the law getts them eventually as Texasredneck said.

Wonder way the cops don't use unmarked bikes? BTW saw a Busa Cop Bike on the net awhile back. Try to outrun that!

Old 10-07-2007, 01:21 PM
bigbean78
Cruiser

I was just venting about the situation cause it pissed me off. It was uncalled for, andfor youguys whothink I should've been in right lane, whatabout therider in the right lane that got passed on HIS right? Maybe he should have pulled over on the shoulder and stopped so the guy could go by?!? C'mon on...[sm=rant.gif]

Old 10-07-2007, 01:26 PM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

All good points,when need to go around someone I do what I have to do.In today's society,there is absolutely no way to keep everybody happy.

Old 10-07-2007, 01:43 PM
TexasRedneck
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: dog155
All good points,when need to go around someone I do what I have to do.In today's society,there is absolutely no way to keep everybody happy.
True - but if you pass me in my lane w/o mah "okay", you'd best be ready ta discuss it down the road. It's not only dangerous - it's downright STUPID ta do a stunt like that.

Old 10-07-2007, 02:43 PM
MNPGRider
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 51 Posts

Interesting discussion. Couple of things I noticed that no one else mentioned: Lane splitting (Passing on the yellow line) is legal in some states, but being you mentioned it, it's probably not in yours.Also, people don't "come out of nowhere." Keep those eyes moving, which includes checking your rear view mirror every few seconds, and you won't get surprised the next time.

We all deal with azzholes on the highway, whether they are cages, bikes, or trucks, but don't make it worse by not doing what you should be doing--WATCHING OUT FOR THEM !

Old 10-07-2007, 02:45 PM
MNPGRider
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 51 Posts

Every single one of us here has done it at some point in our life.

I've been riding for 40 years. I can honestly say I've never passed anyone on the yellow line between lanes of traffic, nor have I ever passed someone in their own lane without first being waved by to do so.

Bigbean has a valid complaint on both points.

Old 10-07-2007, 03:28 PM
Chilhowee
Tourer

ORIGINAL: MNPGRider

I've been riding for 40 years. I can honestly say I've never passed anyone on the yellow line between lanes of traffic, nor have I ever passed someone in their own lane without first being waved by to do so.

Ditto! I've been riding for 29 years and have NEVER done that.

Old 10-07-2007, 04:06 PM
captjon37
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Do you think for one second that rocket boy cares about anything or anyone. His need for speed overrides anything and everything else. The only thing that will change him is 17 tickets in 3 months for careless operation and speeding, 4 DWIs, a couple of months in the can, and a grand total of 79 tickets all before he reaches 25. GOD must have something special for him and i think he is a little worried about it.

Old 10-07-2007, 04:15 PM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I passed a Amish buggy today!

Old 10-07-2007, 05:18 PM
Kern
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Chilhowee

ORIGINAL: MNPGRider

Ditto! I've been riding for 29 years and have NEVER done that.

WHOA.....I guess I wasn't clear enough. I was merely saying that everyone of us has been in a hurry and has driven like an ***. Whether it be on two or four wheels, doesnt matter. We're all guilty at some point in our life. I wasn't saying everyone did something as stupid as what that guy did.

Quick Reply: Riding manners...