Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

After Market Fairings for RK

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2007, 08:19 AM
blight
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default After Market Fairings for RK

I'm thinking about purchasing a faring for my Road King. I have been looking at the ones from DCC and Dragonfly. I have read on the forum how good they look and how awesome the stereo works. I'm wondering how well they provide extra protection from the wind and elements over simply running with the stock windshield on? Do they for instance operate as well as stock Harley fairings? I would appreciate input from anyone who is running their bike with one of these fairings.

Brent

Old 10-06-2007, 02:13 PM
Fast Eddie
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: After Market Fairings for RK

I have the Quadzilla on my Road King. It is every bit as good as the one on my Ultra for wind and element protection. I believe he Dead Center and Dragonflywould bethe same as all three are of similar size and proportion.

Old 10-06-2007, 02:22 PM
1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 90 Likes on 67 Posts

My broinlaw just puta Dragonflyon his '05.He said it is great,much better than the windsheild.

Old 10-06-2007, 04:30 PM
BigDaddyMike
Club Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the dead center fairing on mine. I love it. if you like the security of being able to LOCK the fairing to your bike, then there is no question this is the only one that locks. I also think they are all made well, but I choose DCC because I saw them in person and they seemed to look best on my RK Custom. Check out my gallery (little camera to the right) for more pics. Also if you want a dead center fairing for 20% off list, then

Call Brad at Rice Lake HD in Rice Lake Wisconsin. They have a deal that the first item sold every day (internet/walk in or phone) is 20% off and all day long that item is 20% off for everybody. I called there at opening and spoke to Brad and got the 20% off. They are a Dead Center Dealer. You can order your DC Fairing from him and Dead Center will drop ship it direct to you. Same warranty, same great customer service from Dead Center. I saved over A$400 with the options I chose! Tell Brad that Mike from Virginia said hello! Many on here have ordered from him they are a stright up dealer and Brad is a stand up guy!. The Dead Center IMO is the best after market fairing for Road King out there. I am thrilled with mine. I would encourage you to get it painted from the factory unless you either paint yourself or have a great bike painter near you. It goes on right out of the box and the wiring was a 15 minute job for me and I am a simpleton with mechanial things! Enjoy.
Mike
Brad at Rice Lake HD-715-736-5400

Old 10-06-2007, 05:00 PM
blight
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Mike. I actually sent you an email after reading one of your previous posts regarding the DCC faring. I talked to Brad today and got the low down on how it works. I plan on calling him next week.

How loud is your Rinehart 2 into 1? I guess the stereo can be heard over them. I have VH Big Shot Duals on my bike and they can get pretty loud at WOT.

Where in VA are you located? I'm in NOVA just outside of Fredericksburg.

Brent