Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FLHT Seat Comparo

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 10:30 PM
IamZardoz
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default FLHT Seat Comparo

Bought my 07 FLHT new with a standard seat but after one ride realized it wouldnt do as it pushed me right up against the bottom of the gas tank (leaving tons of room for my non-existant passenger). Im a big guy, 6'2 and 300 or so lbs. Switched to a new Harley Badlander seat. That seat looks real nice but after six months of riding and one long trip it had to go. Even after rides of 50 miles or so my *** was screaming, the seat portion is not very wide and the foam used is thin and rock hard. I started searching for a replacement seat at a reasonable price and after weeks of comparing decided on anew 07Harley Road Glide seat. It is much lower than the stock FLHT seat but is much wider than the Badlander seat.Ordered it for $200 shiped from Chicago Harley and got it today. After riding 100 miles, here's what I learned:it looks as good as the Badlander seat with just a little more room for a passenger. The foam is much softer than what is used in the Badlander. (I thought Harley would use the same foam in all their seats but it feels totally different). I also noticed I sit sitmaybe 1/2 lower than with the Badlander, maybe because of the softer foam. On my ride I had no discomfort at all. Im sure after a long ride Ill want off anyway regardless of seat but this one seems to have solved my sore butt problem. One thing I did notice is there is now maybe a 1/2 gap between the bottom of my dashpanel and the top of the seat. Cant use the HD dash extender piece (or the Kury) because its such a small gap (not like if I put a Road King seat on and had a 3-4 inch gap). Anyway, its not really noticable and it will be the price I pay to finally have a comfortable seat with plenty of room for my bike. JUst wanted to post this in case anybody else is in thesame boat.

Old 10-04-2007, 10:19 AM
gmanegc
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: FLHT Seat Comparo

Glad you found one you like. I've become sold on the Road Zeppelin. A little pricey, but worth it IMO. Works best for big guys like us.

Old 10-05-2007, 10:31 AM
rome304
Road Warrior

check c&c site.

Old 10-05-2007, 12:00 PM
grinner
Tourer
Received 56 Likes on 37 Posts

Everything I've seen says the RG and EG seats are interchangeable. HD accessories website says the same seats fit. Why the 1/2" gap? I thought I saw on here a fix for that, but I don't remember where?

Can someone help out?

Old 10-05-2007, 12:45 PM
IamZardoz
Tourer

All I can figure is the 07 Road Glide must have a bit longer dash than the 07 Electra Glide. I can live with the 1/2 inch gap but if there is a fix Id like to know what it is anyway. Basically the gap is from that bolt head up to the bottom of the dash. This area was completely covered by my other seat(s).

Old 10-05-2007, 12:47 PM
SoCal_Pappy
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

RG seats - OEM & Sundowner (have tried both) both seem to have that 1\2 gap... Corbin sits flush with the dash....