Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sun Ray Heated Seat on '08 Ultra Classic

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007 | 11:52 AM
Fast Eddie
|
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Sun Ray Heated Seat on '08 Ultra Classic

I am considering putting a Sun Ray Heated Seat on my '08 Ultra. It is new seat for the '08's so I don't believe there is much, if any, expreience with them yet. Any comments, pro or con, on the Sun RayHeated Seat that fits the '97-'07 Touring models?

Old 10-03-2007 | 02:08 PM
DRCLB
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sun Ray Heated Seat on '08 Ultra Classic

I had installed at time of delivery. I absoluteley love it!.

[/align]

Old 10-03-2007 | 03:08 PM
Lethkial
Cruiser

I put one on last year to replace the stock POS. The wife and I absolutely love it. We can ride all day long, like we never could before. And on those cooler to cold spring and fall mornings, the three heat settings really take the chill off yer a$$ and warm ya up real quick!

Highly recommend it.[sm=smiley20.gif]

Ride safe, my friend!

Old 10-03-2007 | 04:31 PM
rollover
Road Captain

Put mine on last year and love it. Definitely one of my better mods. Very comfortable seat and the heat feature is a thing of beauty. I don't think it has ever been on the high setting as the medium setting will keep you very toasty. Using it nightly as of late since temps are already in the low 50s at nightaround here.

Old 10-03-2007 | 05:25 PM
rapz
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have my SE leather heated seat packed away because I was told it would not fit on the '08s. I have not checked, but I think that's correct. Anybody know differently? Are the new ones in stock now?

Old 10-03-2007 | 07:35 PM
Strat
Intermediate

Heated seat??? You shoulda bought an 07! They come standard with aheated seat.The only problemis I can't find the switch to turn it off.

Old 10-03-2007 | 10:06 PM
lorddj
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a 08 SE Ultra. The Sun Ray heated seat is standard, but it does ride higher than non-heated seats. I had to replace it with the reach seat just so I could safely touch the ground. I am 5'4".

Old 10-03-2007 | 11:13 PM
Roadhog02
Cruiser

I too have the 08 SE Ultra Classic with the heated seat as standard equip. It only has two settings, low & high and works really well as far as I am conserned. As for looks and seat softness it leaves a lot to be desired when you compare it to the 07 Ultra Classic seat. I don't have to have a soft seat to make me happy while I'm riding, (I've rode on a Corbin seat for 6 years prior to getting my new Utra) but my wife thinks it sucks. She likes the heat but say's that the seat looks cheap and not as soft as an 07 and I have to agree with her. It's not a bad seat, it just seems that they could have made it better.

Old 10-04-2007 | 09:56 AM
rollover
Road Captain

Not sure if you have the Sun Ray. Mine definitely has a low, med., and high setting. When I bought my seat, I also went with the chrome switch housing and the LED lighted switch which shows which setting you're on. I know the older SE Ultras had the Sun Ray but not sure if they changed. Someone else mentioned that the seat sat higher where I found mine to be deeper and more saddle-like. Seems a bit wider also. Seats are like speakers: very subjective. One man's pleasure is another man's pain.

ORIGINAL: Roadhog02

I too have the 08 SE Ultra Classic with the heated seat as standard equip. It only has two settings, low & high and works really well as far as I am conserned. As for looks and seat softness it leaves a lot to be desired when you compare it to the 07 Ultra Classic seat. I don't have to have a soft seat to make me happy while I'm riding, (I've rode on a Corbin seat for 6 years prior to getting my new Utra) but my wife thinks it sucks. She likes the heat but say's that the seat looks cheap and not as soft as an 07 and I have to agree with her. It's not a bad seat, it just seems that they could have made it better.

Old 10-04-2007 | 08:20 PM
LabRat07
Tourer

Another '08 SEUC here. The Sun Ray seat is very good. Its as comfortable as the Mustang I had on my prior bike. These only have a low and high setting. No medium. Wife loves it and is much happier than on the Mustang.

Quick Reply: Sun Ray Heated Seat on '08 Ultra Classic