Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speakers in bags.

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 08:19 AM
modes
Road Master
Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
Default RE: Speakers in bags.

here is a past thread with some good pictures.

Adam

Old 10-02-2007, 08:31 AM
smittyinva
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am in the process of trying to do something like this on my rkc with leather bags. best buy, i think it was, has some outdoor speakers that look like they might mount on the outsides of the bags without a big hole, just 4 mounting holes. they come in black which is good, not sure of sound quality yet. will post a link later. i am trying to mount in the same place you are.....facing the wheel with 6x9s but do not want too big of a hole there and also trying to keep as much space in the bags as possible.

Old 10-02-2007, 08:37 AM
modes
Road Master
Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

ORIGINAL: smittyinva

I am in the process of trying to do something like this on my rkc with leather bags. best buy, i think it was, has some outdoor speakers that look like they might mount on the outsides of the bags without a big hole, just 4 mounting holes. they come in black which is good, not sure of sound quality yet. will post a link later. i am trying to mount in the same place you are.....facing the wheel with 6x9s but do not want too big of a hole there and also trying to keep as much space in the bags as possible.
I know on the classic bags there is not much flat space on the wheel side on of the bag to place a speaker. I looked before I got my hardbags.

Adam

Old 10-02-2007, 08:40 AM
texan321
Road Captain

I suggest you get the Amplified speakers from J&M - they attach to the handle bars - I ran them on my RoadKing for 5 years - hooked up my Ipod to them - I didn't have to worry about space or being ripped off - they worked great - sounded great at 80 and I would spend the money again but I bought and Ultra - now I ma going soup up the radio system on it...........

Old 10-02-2007, 10:04 AM
texan321
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: texan321

I suggest you get the Amplified speakers from J&M - they attach to the handle bars - I ran them on my RoadKing for 5 years - hooked up my Ipod to them - I didn't have to worry about space or being ripped off - they worked great - sounded great at 80 and I would spend the money again but I bought and Ultra - now I am going soup up the radio system on it...........

Old 10-02-2007, 06:10 PM
Badbagger
Grand HDF Member

Received 323 Likes on 190 Posts

PapaT.... thought of this today and it may be an alternative for ya.

http://www.mhinstruments.com/products/

Old 10-02-2007, 08:10 PM
Bark
Intermediate

Not to hijack your thread,but I justbought the 2 Wheel Tunes system from a guy for a great price.Anybody ever heard these? I'm working on repairing some used hard bags I bought for the RKC.It would be a good time to add the 6x9's and larger amp if the 2 Wheel Tunes are'nt sufficient...

Old 10-02-2007, 08:37 PM
GMONEY220
Road Warrior
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Trav,whatever you do make sure all your bag connections are wired to a quick disconnect plug,post,or junction.If your out on the road at a motel,your bags can go in the room with you.A lot of bags are getting ripped off for the stereo goods!

Old 10-02-2007, 09:27 PM
G Funk
Cruiser

mount the speakers facing the rear wheel as said before, you don't need to cut a large hole just drill a bunch of small/medium sizedholes to let the sound out. and as gmoney said, use quick connect/disconnect plugs.

Old 10-02-2007, 11:31 PM
Bobberino
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My buddy's runnin 6x9's in his road king with a amp and also an ipod in the center console. it sounds really good especially with his pioneer 5 ways. it rocks. On my SG Im running Pioneer 6x9 5 ways with a fosgate 400 watt amp. Also runnin2 5 and a 1/4" in the fairing. It sounds great and love it.

Quick Reply: Speakers in bags.