Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bruce Rossmeyer

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 06:03 AM
TickTock
Club Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Bruce Rossmeyer

Like him or not he is a financial genuis. He basically single-handedly moved bike week from main street to some crappy land off of 95 where his new dealership is and helped spread the event around Daytona. On top of that he continues to buy more dealerships. In the meantime he sells boatloads of T-shirts and seems to have no problem getting extra $$$ on his bikes.

Old 10-02-2007, 06:21 AM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 157 Likes on 53 Posts

I agree with J&M John. Don't be mad at the guy for having a successful business. Just don't do business with him. I was at Destination H-D during bike week and was quit impressed that someone could even pull something like that off.

Just remember. The Harley business is getting a little soft. There are rumors flying around everywhere about temporary plant shutdowns, reduction in inventories and production. A business like Rossmeyers is very susceptible to the ups and downs of the economy and we may be able to judge Harley's hold on the bike market by just exactly how well a business like this does.

John is effected directly by new Harley sales. When sales drop off in new bikes, people keep their old bikes and don't buy new equipment for them. I'm sure John has seen several ups and downs in his business or he wouldn't be a very good businessman.

If Harley hits the skids for a couple of years a dealer like Rossmeyer could go belly up before your local mom and pop store (if there are any left) down the road. The bigger they are, the harder they fall.

Old 10-02-2007, 06:36 AM
Jinks
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

When he gets more than MSRP for a bike it only proves there are people out there that will pay those amounts. I shopped Destination Daytona looking for my RG. He actually had a couple well below MSRP, but I didn't like the sales approach or their service after sale. I bought from a dealer that cost a little more but got the bike *I* wanted, & was more comfortable with the dealership. Rossmeyer's parts prices are straight HD catalog with no discount, but they did give me a tour-pak bracket from their take-off pile.

OTOH, his Destination Daytona is a great idea for the Daytona events since it moves the crowds out to an area that can handle them yet keeps things close enough to the beach & the track. He makes truck loads of money & the area benefits. I generally avoid Desination during events, but it's handy at other times.

Bottom line, don't buy from him if you're uncomfortable. If you like the deal, then go ahead & buy. No point in trashin' him, he's too rich to care..............

Old 10-02-2007, 07:15 AM
ken thompson
The Schlong Man
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Dealerships here in Jacksonville don't like Bruce. They claim he sends people out to buy up all the SEs form other dealers then marks em up. He get the markup because they are in fact "rare" around here anywhere else other than his dealerships. Go there and you'll see many used zero mileage bikes. This is why.

Old 10-02-2007, 08:02 AM
rickoshay45
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are plenty of other dealers in the area. I've heard good about Seminole HD, Ocala HD, and Leesburg HD. I deal with Orlando HD and have been very happy.

Old 10-02-2007, 08:06 AM
Fishguy001
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess if you can truly afford a CVO bike then 5k extra might not be a big deal. My mom always told me "if you have to ask the price - you can't afford it" that quote might apply here

Old 10-02-2007, 08:07 AM
texan321
Road Captain

You know I live in AMERICA - I can choose where to spend my $$$$$$$. That's what a free market society is......

Old 10-02-2007, 08:15 AM
sleepman54
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Can't fault a man for running successful business. I bought from Rossmeyer at Destination and I'll say this why the pricing maybe high on SE's there they do work with people on pricing. I was upside down in a sporty and his staff worked with me to get me where I needed to be. I have a side business that makes me a nice extra income and I know that personally I get very affended when people tell me I should do this for them or that for them because I can afford to do it. I've worked hard for what I've got and I'm going to make money when I can.

Old 10-02-2007, 08:38 AM
ckgdrums
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: sleepman54
<snip>
I have a side business that makes me a nice extra income and I know that personally I get very offended when people tell me I should do this for them or that for them because I can afford to do it. I've worked hard for what I've got and I'm going to make money when I can.
I've noticed this occurring quite a bit lately. Ithink that with increased income, comes increased responsibility to handle the money wisely as well as being a good corporate citizen. However, that being said, just because someone makes more money, or appears to be have extra spendable cash, doesn't mean they are required to become a charity mission. This is America, and part of that, somewhat elusive, American Dream, is making a comfortable living for yourself and your family.

Being charitable is great, and is one of the things that makes this country great, to a fault sometimes....

I don't know how many people, family and friends included, that have told me I should buy them something because I recently got a nice windfall from the company that I work for. It really disappointed me.... especially coming from my family. I've worked too hard for too long to just go and throw that money at people like I was made of it.... at least that's what they expected me to do...... disappointing.

Sorry, Rant Over....

Old 10-02-2007, 08:39 AM
DI75
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

He is sucessful and I respect that. I just wish he wouldn't plaster his picture all over the place!! Maybe he hasn't looked in the mirror lately. It's sorta funny....though!!

Quick Reply: Bruce Rossmeyer