Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What to Post?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 09:00 AM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: What to Post?

I contacted the toaster Company via customer service,,,,
guys, they assured me,,,, all toaster complaints are NORMAL!

Bruce, buddy,,, dont give up so easily,,, you proby asked questions that have been asked a bazzilion times,,,, sooner or later someone will pipe in with good info,,, try PM'ing those you want some serious replys.
as far as heckling,,, leave that to me or one of the other many pros! lol

have a good day fellas

Old 10-07-2007, 12:40 PM
sugarbear
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What just happened here? There is a lot of good info here and I have always been told there are no dumb questions, some of them are even entertaining. Just treat as a buffet and pick what you like.

Old 10-07-2007, 04:55 PM
TheBagger
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think I need a retro toaster. Love that classic look! Smooth lines with nice curves.

Old 10-07-2007, 06:21 PM
Taterdog
Outstanding HDF Member

Okay, I give up, so now what do I post about?

I don't slam my bike -- love it -- and it's a 2000 with the old EFI system, but it's got everything I need except cruise.

To be honest, I don't mind reading countless posts about oil, primaries, tranny's, noises, tires, wobbles, spills, chills, idiots on bikes, idiots in cars, IDS, MOCO issues, 2050 HD models, etc. I learn something every day, even if I am an older dog. Just read the ones you like and skip the rest. No big deal.

Old 10-07-2007, 06:32 PM
jammerx
Stellar HDF Member
Received 333 Likes on 225 Posts

LOL!!! I think your right, sure there is no dumb question, but on the other had there is alot of whining...

Now I am sure some of you have owned older Harleys, this is the only brand I have owned since 87, and before this here internet, you fumbled your way thru. You didnt take your bike to the dealer, cause the warranty was only 1 year 12k. If it didnt work or was junk you tossed it and bought a aftermarket replacement. I have owned a 79 & 87 sporty, an 89EG, an 00 EGC and my current ride 01 RG. The 79 was junk. the 87&89 coughed and spit all the time. Base gaskets blew out at like 13k,leaked from the day I bought it. (Not like my buddies shovel, but still leaked) Compared to todays bikes they were hard to ride. Slow to stop, made all sorts of noise. pinged like no tomorrow on cheap gas, coil, stator, and regulator prior to 20k Keihn carb tossed for a super s, stock ignition tossed for a dyna, short on the main wiring harness to the frame. But in 87 when harley was juststarting to come back I went to Jim Moroneys in Newburgh, NY to buy a new bike. I was 18 and had saved 4700. I had a Suzuki andwanted aHarley. I went to Moroneys and old Jim Moroney himself tried to talk me out of buying a Harley.He told me they were "junk" and told me to "buy a Suzuki, they are faster, morereliable, better ride" Moroneys was a HD/Suzuki dealer at the time. I left and went to see a friend of my dads who owned a harley and he turned me on to Brewster HD (now gone toDanbury I think) and Pat hooked me upwith a 3995sportster.And away I went.Before HD shops werefranchise clothiing stores they were like indy shops.. dirty, greasy,loud,old looking. Not a great business model, and not really a great product either.Butenough of us had faith in thestruggling lastAmerican motorcycling company. and wewanted to sell our souls... LOL!! and not ride HONDAs!!! So brackets broke and somebodys shovel was in the chase truck everyride, bikes wouldnt start, and that was how it was. HD hasdone well all these years.... enjoy your ride...

Old 10-07-2007, 08:45 PM
acedantinne
Tourer

It's a Harley

Old 10-07-2007, 09:07 PM
ironhorselady
Road Master

I get in here and read more than I post, weeding through stuff-some I just can't resist adding my worthless opinion.

RaftGyde says no more do I follow any advice without checking with him first!! Somewhere in here I read to run my high beams on the interstate for more visibility for myself. That had him on the pavement of the hotel parking lot yesterday morning changing my headlamp. [] Apparently the one I had was highpowered and I burned it up by leaving it on.

He's going to ground me if he keeps having to fix me up. ****. I love this place. . .

Old 10-07-2007, 09:18 PM
tcp
Cruiser

I took my broken toaster to the toaster dealer and it seemed all they were really interested in was selling me clothing with toasters on it.....

Old 10-07-2007, 10:26 PM
FlaHeritage
Advanced

Dang it man, now I gotta jones for some toast!!!! BRB, I'm gonna indulge my addiction with some toast and butter with grape jelly and a cold glass of milk......

Old 10-07-2007, 10:37 PM
jammerx
Stellar HDF Member
Received 333 Likes on 225 Posts

I had too... LOL!!!!!!!!!! https://www.hdforums.com/m_2296419/tm.htm

Quick Reply: What to Post?