Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

brighter Head lights

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 05:06 PM
fiddledicksr
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default brighter Head lights

Just came home last night after a 600 mile ride, while motoring down the freeway I realized that I could hardly see the lines on the road. I have a 2004 EG with standard style head lights, what would be a good upgrade to get more light with out spending $700 for HID set up.

Old 10-01-2007, 05:23 PM
FastHarley
Former Sponsor
Received 441 Likes on 246 Posts
Default RE: brighter Head lights

Go Here: http://motorcyclemetal.com/gpage7.html

Old 10-01-2007, 05:27 PM
glide
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I replaced the 55/60 in the headlight with an 80/100 osram bulb. It's like driving in the daytime and no melt downs either. It projects the full beam from one side of the road to the other unlike the stock bulb that basically gives you a spot ahead of the bike and some light to the sides but not much. Just what I needed.

Old 10-01-2007, 06:36 PM
White Knight 04
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I installedtwo 50 watt running lights that I orderd from a local truck place ie Brake Drum and Spring, they sold me the flood lights and wala made all the difference in the world..I have the 4 1/2 spots on mine and the floods light up every thing you have to make a slight adjustment to the running lights but it is well worth the effort...

Old 10-01-2007, 07:11 PM
casique
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Fastharley,

Are you running the HIDs yoou recommended? How are they and the installation? Thanks.

Old 10-01-2007, 07:48 PM
nvsteve
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 74 Likes on 51 Posts
Old 10-01-2007, 07:53 PM
Bug
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep. SilverStar bulb.

Old 10-02-2007, 02:05 AM
FastHarley
Former Sponsor
Received 441 Likes on 246 Posts

ORIGINAL: casique

Fastharley,

Are you running the HIDs yoou recommended? How are they and the installation? Thanks.
First of all, I am the person who sells them. Want to be clear on that. I do only use them, that is why I wound up importing them because I could not buy them anywhere. As beingmy own customer, would I put them on my next bike? Absolutely. I ride with other people. When I ride, I notice that the other lights disappear, their yellow headlamp is canceled out and it would make no difference if they turn off their headlamp. I notice that they will always stay a few feet behind me as they use my light as the frequency picks up much more detail. I only tell what I see as a BS-er will get found out. Take a ride in a Benz, the headlamp produces the same amount of light as one of these units. There is a different technology than filament bulbs, as far as different wattages go. They are small and reliable unless you hit a VW Micro-mini bus.
As I said, see me for all warranty work or technical advice during installation. You can call me just about anytime unless I am sleeping, in the machine shop or riding (noise reasons only). I live in ft. Lauderdale, FL EST The buck stops at me.

Old 10-02-2007, 11:08 AM
casique
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Got it! Thanks.

Old 10-02-2007, 11:17 AM
NCCopBikeRider
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

A Couple of Suggestions

We upgraded the head light on our 06 Cop Gide to the Dual Halagon Bulb unit in the P & A Catalog.

We replaced the sealed beam Driving Lights with the Harley 68208-98A and upgraded the 27w bulb to an 886, which is 55w each

To add Depth of field and also to present a totally different picture to oncoming vehicles we added Motolights to the caliper with 55W yellow bulbs.

The total package brings a new dimension to riding at night.

We leave the Aux Lamps off during the day, and run with the Headlight and the yellow MotoLights.

Kinda Pricey for the total upgrade, but you can see at night and be seen during the day.

If you want to further enhance the light program, Daniel Stern will provide you with a head light reflector that will take two H 4 lights.

Still less $ than the Harley HID, but with as much light.

Good Luck

Quick Reply: brighter Head lights