Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brake light, signal light flashers

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2007, 02:43 PM
Windup08
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Brake light, signal light flashers

Does anyone use any of the modules to flash their signal lights/brake lights when hitting the brakes? On previous bikes, including my 02 Dyna I installed a "Hot Shot" module from Kriss Electronics. It causes alternate flashing of the rear turn signals, and flashes the brake light. "Back Off" also has products like this. The biggest problem is the amount of wiring that needs to be done. With my soon to arrive new 08 Ultra I'm a bit more than hesitant to go after it with a wire cutter and soldering iron. I've also heard that some of them cause problems with cruise control and/or security systems. I would have thought by now that someone would have come out with a module that just plugs into the wiring harness rather than requiring cutting and splicing. Has anyone found anything?

Since a close call many years ago, getting rear-ended by a dope in a cage at a stop light has been one of my biggest concerns. The modules I've used in the past really work great to help "open the eyes" of someone behind you and get them to pay attention. Since the tour pack has additional lights I don't know if it will be necessary on the new Ultra, but if there was something I could just plug in I'd go for it in a heartbeat.

Old 09-30-2007, 03:29 PM
jammerx
Stellar HDF Member
Received 333 Likes on 225 Posts
Default RE: Brake light, signal light flashers

I just did the back off module from signal dynamics. Its a pretty straight forward install. You do have to cut the harness though. I have a detachable tour pack with the spoiler led, and leds brake lights in my turn signal bar (not the turn signals)and I wanted to pick up all the lights on the module so I had to wire it in before all that. This meant cutting the hot wire for the brakes just out of the fuse block and splicingabout a foot of wire in so I could mount the module under the seat. I usedcrimp butt connectors with heat shrink tubing. Itworks great. You could probably get a plug in that would pick up someof the lights... do a search here for modulators...

Old 09-30-2007, 03:37 PM
StGlide07
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Windup08
Check out HD part #69461-06A, simple plug and play kit.
Hit the brake all three (turning and brake) illuminate.
Cheapest upgrade for my 07.
Good Luck, Ride Safe.

Old 09-30-2007, 04:01 PM
MNPGRider
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 51 Posts

There are now light bulbs available with built in modulators. I just looked at some today in the new mag from motosport.com

They are a Kuryakyn product price at $89 pair.

Kind of pricey for a light bulb....