Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Paging Road Glide & Street Glide owners

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2005 | 08:28 PM
JW
Road Captain
Default RE: Paging Road Glide & Street Glide owners

Road Glide owner here, as far as parking lot handling it's great, much better than the softail standard I had. Looks are subjective, lookwise the road king is my fav. The batwing fairing doesnt do much for me, and it has some stability issues. Although the Street Glide is a good looking scoot. The Road Glide is very stable. Guess it depends on what type riding you're gonna be doing, and of course personal preference(most important). Either way you wont be disapointed.

[IMG]local://upfiles/2160/B05A885CF95B473AADDA8C83CEF79160.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-05-2005 | 09:12 PM
Streetrunner
Outstanding HDF Member

Don't buy any '06 touring bike. there are many problems with all of them, wait till the bugs get worked out.
I am on my second SG and feel like a two time looser. The dealer took the first bike back after the factory rep's second visit. Harley actually kicked in some cash to the dealer and they gave me a new bike. Turns out the second bike isn't much better. Conclusion is that HD laid an egg with the SG.
The front brakes squeal, the seat comes loose and has to be adjusted every few hundred miles, the shocks suck, not enough travel, the floor boards vibrate, (I think the motor mounts may be defective), the mirrors vibrate, the windshield is useless and the heat management system is a joke! I seem to be at the dealer more than I am home! The only positive thing about this bike is that it looks good. But you know the saying, "never make a pretty woman your wife."

Old 12-05-2005 | 09:18 PM
Otisroundtree
Tourer

Stop cryin' and go but a Honda Civic...Your bad egg SG does not make all 06 bikes suck. I happen to own one...when I bought it, it had 3miles on it. Today I have over 2,500...I know thats not a lot but I have had just one minor problem with the chrome front end and the dealer fixed it within 4hrs..so happens they were having a BBQ the same day..free food! Stop the crying now[:@]

Old 12-05-2005 | 09:24 PM
Otisroundtree
Tourer

ORIGINAL: foneman

Don't buy any '06 touring bike. there are many problems with all of them, wait till the bugs get worked out.
I am on my second SG and feel like a two time looser. The dealer took the first bike back after the factory rep's second visit. Harley actually kicked in some cash to the dealer and they gave me a new bike. Turns out the second bike isn't much better. Conclusion is that HD laid an egg with the SG.
The front brakes squeal, the seat comes loose and has to be adjusted every few hundred miles, the shocks suck, not enough travel, the floor boards vibrate, (I think the motor mounts may be defective), the mirrors vibrate, the windshield is useless and the heat management system is a joke! I seem to be at the dealer more than I am home! The only positive thing about this bike is that it looks good. But you know the saying, "never make a pretty woman your wife."
Bro you have posted 2 times...both are the same complaint..send it to Harley. Find it funny that you never posted how happy you are to have your new bike...1st problem and your logged in cryin'...There is no cryin' if you own a Harley...all is good in life!!![:'(][:@]

Old 12-05-2005 | 09:25 PM
Shift_4lo
Road Master

My dad has a sg and i have rode it a couple of times and i am 5,10 and the wind hits the top of my head but with riding a sporty and dirtbike and only being 16 i don't notice a lot of stuff you older guy do.

Old 12-05-2005 | 10:43 PM
CptKaos
Intermediate

foneman, did you ride it before you bought it?

Larry

ps. H-D's vibrate, dont tell anybody as its a secret

Old 12-05-2005 | 10:55 PM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member

As you will notice by my picture posted below, I've got an itty bitty windshield that is even shorter than the Streetglide's. Damn wind hits me right between the eyes..........I love it. I've ridden harleys for 30 years and bikes for 42. I've almost always had the stock windshield until harley started making the "chopped" windshields back in the late 80's I think. Willie G kept showing up at rallys with a sawed off windshield and we finally started copying him. After years of riding with no wind I decided to try the shorty the summer before last. I've only had the stock windshield back on a couple times for cold weather riding. Now that I have a full face helmet (for cold weather riding only) I doubt that I'll ever put the tall one back on.

[sm=biker2.gif]

Old 12-05-2005 | 11:39 PM
jdag
Tourer

I am in love with my Street Glide. It is my 3rd Harley and by far my favorite, mainly because it is the most comfortable. It looks great, handles great, and has been reliable so far.

I am growing to like the Road Glide more each time I see one. I am not a fan of the grey powder coated engine as I think the black engine adds contrast. But from all I hear, the RG handles really well. I have a trip planned this winter and am hoping to rent one.

Old 12-05-2005 | 11:56 PM
FLHXI 06
Intermediate

I don't know where you live, but where I live everybody has a Road Glide. Seems to be the popular bike here within the last few years. My best friend has one, so that's why I got the
SG.

Greg

Old 12-06-2005 | 12:28 AM
SubZer0
Road Master

Just have to add my 04 cents (my opinion is worth more than 02 cents) I love my Road Glide, I have a big **** eating grin every time I ride it.

Quick Reply: Paging Road Glide & Street Glide owners