Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ultra tourpack?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2007 | 01:53 PM
Adam17
|
Cruiser
Default Ultra tourpack?

I was uable to find anything on the forum about anyone removing the tourpack from the Ultra( be able to put it on and off). If so how hard is it with all the wiring and what not. Is it worth it. Just some ideas to change up the look.

Old 09-28-2007 | 02:04 PM
gunrunner
Elite HDF Member
Default RE: Ultra tourpack?

Its alot of un-doing, cb cable,radio antena, side speakers, light wires. There is no kit to do it. There was a thread on people that have done it but its not neat and easy like other models.

Here is the thread;
https://www.hdforums.com/m_290707/tm.htm

Old 09-28-2007 | 02:14 PM
nedster
Road Master

a buddy of mine did it. He made it detachable, said it was pretty labor intensive. But you have to look at your riding style. How often do you use the tour-pac? once or twice a year? Or is it frequently used? I have a roadglide, bought the tour pac and made it detachable, I only use it once or twice a year, otherwise it is a $1200.00 garage wall ornament!!

Old 09-28-2007 | 02:37 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member

The Dealer wants $600 to make mine removable, $300 parts, $300 labor

Old 09-28-2007 | 02:43 PM
nedster
Road Master

Yup, it is called pay me...whether you are buying the tour-pak or making one removable they get your cash!! It all equals out!!

Old 09-28-2007 | 03:15 PM
Adam17
|
Cruiser

Sounds Great.

Old 09-28-2007 | 03:18 PM
StreetGlider56
Road Warrior

It is an easy job to make removable, just follow directions..

I've added Detachable tour bag, Farring Lowers, Custom Passing Lamps, Reach Bars, Riders Backrest (no biggie) Chrome Switch housings, and Cruise Control (biggie), Chrome fork sliders, Trick taillights, and next is the IDS System. Can you imagine what the dealer would have charged me to install these items?

Old 09-28-2007 | 07:40 PM
kruzin
Road Captain

My made my 06 Road Glide detachable. I wired all the lights and speakers into one connector. The radio antenna is mounted off the left side of the rear fender (like the Street Glide) and I do not have a CB so that would be your last hurdle. Difference here is that I moved the tour pack forwardinto the solo position.The connector was a 12 pin connector, the same Harley uses on the bike harness. It just so happens that where I work we have a harness repair kit that allowed me to do this.

Old 09-29-2007 | 12:11 AM
Fla Glide
Road Captain

My tour pack is removable, The ant was moved into the fairing and the lights on the pack are on a quick disconnect plug, Takes about 2 min to take off only because I have to move everything to get to the plug.

Old 09-29-2007 | 12:55 AM
daconiam
Tourer

Mine is detachable, takes 5 minutes max to get it off or on.
You loose the CB antenae when you take it off but no biggy. I leave it off most of the time and put it on when I take the OL riding. Also got a 9" windshield and a RK leather seat, looks and sits like a completely different bike. Very glad I did it! Had mine done before I picked it up and I think it was around the mid 500.00 range to get it done (parts and labor).

Quick Reply: Ultra tourpack?