Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JBL, Harley, J&M SPEAKER Comparision ,,,

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 06:53 PM
bcollida
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: JBL, Harley, J&M SPEAKER Comparision ,,,

Great test.
Now heres my question.
How about if you do some experiments using those useless glove box containers on the Roadglide for an additional speaker compartment or a bass reflex chamber.

I'm thinking those stupid compartments have got to be good for something
Has anyone jammed a speaker in their yet?

Old 11-01-2007, 10:46 PM
Slash
Stellar HDF Member
Received 125 Likes on 50 Posts

ORIGINAL: JMJOHN

Jim ,,,,,,,

I understand now ,,,,, and I can assure you that the J&M grill mounted tweeters are excellent and do not look like cheap additions to the grills ,,,,,

they are installed on the grill in the first place so that they will not block any of the air movement from the main speaker like all of the standard coax speaker designs do ,,,,,,, and it is this enhanced sound performance that separates the J&M speakers from all the rest ,,, not just the tweeter on the grill ,,,,,,

also ,,, the Harley factory Road Glide grills start to look a little "ratty" after a couple of years whereas the J&M grills retain their NEW look for many years into the future ,,,,, JMJOHN ,,, john@jmcorp.com ,,,,,
That was on the early years of the Road Glide,the current models don't have that problem.

PerHawgWired's SiteFAQ:Road Glide Speaker Grills (Sharknose)
2004 & later models are already equipped with these, but in 2003 & previous years, the speaker grills mounted to the inner fairings weren't as well equipped for handling heavier aftermarket speakers. If your bike is a 2003 or older, theses newer grills are a worthwhile mounting upgrade.The factory speaker grills we offer on this site are for your convenience, and are also available from any Harley-Davidson parts department.

I appreciate the functionality,but thelooks of the J & M grill mounted tweetersare a potential deal killer for me.

Old 11-02-2007, 12:05 AM
Panhead_1_9_4_8
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd say you're just an asshat. I don't believe a single thing you say .... seeing as how you ran your mouth a good while before you tried to manufacture some "cause I said so" credibility. Besides that .... there seems to be a consenus here that the folks that have had the JBL say they suck.

Old 11-02-2007, 01:07 AM
TX_RG
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: TexasRedneck

ORIGINAL: GlideMan
Congratson y'all winnin' the H.U.A award though. How's dat for Tact Redneck?
'Bout what ah'd expect from ya.
Come on George, just becuase you're big and ugly doesn't mean you need to call names............lol
I would love to here your J&Ms at Gruene, I only wish I could be there Saturday for the event. I am teaching at Javelina this weekend. I do want to here the speakers next time I see ya, even if you don't have a classy bike like the RoadGlide..............I will more than likely get the J&Ms. I just will have to wait until I get my engine work in two weeks.

Old 11-02-2007, 03:49 AM
davewear
Road Warrior
Received 197 Likes on 135 Posts

ORIGINAL: Slash

JMJOHN: Could you please post the frequency response rating of the HRS-06GT speakers for use in the '08 RoadGlides ?
How many ounces is the magnet ?

I'm currently evaluating speakers before purchasing.Product specs will play a large part in my decision.
hey slash, don't get caught up in the "bigger is better" thing. i replaced the stock speakers on my RG with some eclipses that had a huge magnet, the sound was much improved. then i replace the eclipses with J&M which have a much smaller magnet. the sound was improved even more, both in volume and clarity.

Old 11-02-2007, 06:21 AM
TexasRedneck
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: TX_RG
Come on George, just becuase you're big and ugly doesn't mean you need to call names............lol
I would love to here your J&Ms at Gruene, I only wish I could be there Saturday for the event. I am teaching at Javelina this weekend. I do want to here the speakers next time I see ya, even if you don't have a classy bike like the RoadGlide..............I will more than likely get the J&Ms. I just will have to wait until I get my engine work in two weeks.
Hey, anytime Scott! Of course, we're gonna hafta make sure you kin handle the extry power, since ya only ride one of them "almost" real bikes.......

Old 11-02-2007, 11:12 AM
TX_RG
Cruiser

[/quote]

Hey, anytime Scott! Of course, we're gonna hafta make sure you kin handle the extry power, since ya only ride one of them "almost" real bikes.......
[/quote]

Hey Brother, you're just jealous. The only thing sexxier than me is me on my bike. I get the J&M speakers on the Glide to upgrade the sound system and I will open a moving night club with a pole and all...........

Old 11-02-2007, 02:24 PM
TexasRedneck
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: TX_RG
Hey Brother, you're just jealous. The only thing sexxier than me is me on my bike. I get the J&M speakers on the Glide to upgrade the sound system and I will open a moving night club with a pole and all...........
<gaggin'>

Now....what am ah offered NOT ta share THIS bit of dreamin' with the rest of the club, eh?

heheheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Old 11-02-2007, 02:35 PM
Bluzmn59
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

No dog in this fight at all, but I will say this............I had four J&M's put in my '08 down in Daytona and they rock. Iron Braid was giving a decent package deal on installation so I had it taken care of while I was there. I can't compare them to anything other than the stock speakers, but they are head and shoulders above those - it ain't even close. With the 160 watt stereo and the J&M speakers, I now have a motorcycle stereo I actually have to turn down.

Old 11-02-2007, 02:57 PM
nwbobnw
Cruiser

I can't hear worth crap anymore so I am staying with stock speakers for a while. I am also wondering if the heavier magnets have anything to do with broken fairing mounts. I would like to be able to crank the radio all the way up without speaker distortion. I don't know if that's possible with such a small speaker. Any brand that could do that would interest me.

Quick Reply: JBL, Harley, J&M SPEAKER Comparision ,,,