Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JBL, Harley, J&M SPEAKER Comparision ,,,

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 10:07 AM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor
Received 56 Likes on 50 Posts
Default RE: JBL, Harley, J&M SPEAKER Comparision ,,,

oilcan ,,,,,

pretty hard to beat a brand new Black and Chrome Harley ,,,,, only problem with black is that they need more polishing !!! ,,,,,

as for those who would like us to include the Hog Tunes speakers in this test comparison ,,,,,

I thought about that, but in the end decided against it ,,,, Hog Tunes has been on this forum along time, they have many followers here ,,, and if the Hog Tunes speakers did not sound as good as the J&M's or were not as loud at a given volume setting, and I posted that here, many would cry foul and I would get showered with 62,461 empty Budweiser beer cans again ,,, and I hate Budweiser !

you would think they would at least have the courtesy to use Miller Lite cans ,,,,, JMJOHN ,,, john@jmcorp.com ,,,,

Old 09-28-2007, 10:42 AM
Lost1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: JMJOHN

oilcan ,,,,,

pretty hard to beat a brand new Black and Chrome Harley ,,,,, only problem with black is that they need more polishing !!! ,,,,,

as for those who would like us to include the Hog Tunes speakers in this test comparison ,,,,,

I thought about that, but in the end decided against it ,,,, Hog Tunes has been on this forum along time, they have many followers here ,,, and if the Hog Tunes speakers did not sound as good as the J&M's or were not as loud at a given volume setting, and I posted that here, many would cry foul and I would get showered with 62,461 empty Budweiser beer cans again ,,, and I hate Budweiser !

you would think they would at least have the courtesy to use Miller Lite cans ,,,,, JMJOHN ,,, john@jmcorp.com ,,,,
That's a valid point. Some speaker buyers are more brand-defensive than the oil fanatics.

I've already told mama I want a set of J&M's for my upcoming birthday...

Old 09-28-2007, 05:33 PM
Blackisfast
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I still think an independent test as described by Itsmyforte is called for...there are "test results" posted here that serve no one. If you intend to market this way...well...as I said, Amsoil.

*Proper* test results would mean little...but at least it wouldn't be a waste of time to read. Folks would still usually buy based on what they've heard or had a friend recommend.

Old 09-28-2007, 06:27 PM
StreetGlide2006
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: Oilcan

ORIGINAL: JMJOHN

hahah ,,,,, LOL ,,,, hahaha ,,,,,,, LOL ,,,,,,,,,,,,

I am rolling now ,,,,,,, OK ,,, back up ,,,,,,

Jack sides ,,,,, now there was a special character, others will not understand ,, you had to meet him ,,,,,,

as for the Manikin ,,,, you are right,, there is a resemblence ?!?!?!!!!! ,,,,
Well, shoot. Ya'll talk like I've passed over. John, John, John ...... I can understand that under edgemacated Redneck, but I thought you appreciated "class". Speaking of "class" ... I gots myself a new scoot ........ BLACK, of course!

Hey Jack!! Good to see you here. Been a long time. I was worried when I read the "was" part of John`s post.

Ride Safe,

Mike

Old 09-28-2007, 07:19 PM
JMJOHN
Platinum Sponsor
Received 56 Likes on 50 Posts

OilCanJack ?!!! ,,,,,

I didn't realize that was you ,,,,, I thought you were just some guy picking on that undeservingredneck from the Alamo state ,,,,,

it is good to hear you ,,,, will you be at Daytona in a couple of weeks ?

Old 09-28-2007, 07:20 PM
MACK
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I can tell you from experience with all those speakers that HOG TUNES are noticeably better. I also have an HD power amp and the HT OUT PERFORMED THEM ALL.

Old 09-28-2007, 07:23 PM
TexasRedneck
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Oilcan
Well, shoot. Ya'll talk like I've passed over. John, John, John ...... I can understand that under edgemacated Redneck, but I thought you appreciated "class". Speaking of "class" ... I gots myself a new scoot ........ BLACK, of course!
Wahl, based on what ya looked lahk last time ah saw ya, it'd be an understandable assumption.....

An' the ONLY reason ya got a black scoot is 'cuz it wuz a leftover.....[sm=escape.gif]

Old 09-28-2007, 07:51 PM
TexasBowhunter
Road Warrior
Received 27 Likes on 10 Posts

John,
Thanks for taking the time to set that comparision up for the folks...
I too would like to see (hear) a comparision on the HogTunes as well comparied to the others...However I certainly understand where your thinking is comming from...So...Here's a thought...
Have a set of the HT's and the other brands that you mentioned and instead of you posting you opinion of the H/T vs the others, allow the members to voice there's...That is those that have taken the challenge...
I'm presently running the H/T's now but with the heavier magnet I'm consistantly breaking the fairingbraket, but I have to say that they are some fine sounds for the price...If something's better or equal is out there and lighter then that is certainly an option as well...
Don't know if the heavier magnet weighing on the bracket is the culprit or not but...
Food for thought...

Old 09-28-2007, 07:52 PM
SIM
Outstanding HDF Member

OK...now you done went and done it. I can handle the arguements over the speakers, but did you have to go and bash my beloved BUDWEISER??

Old 09-28-2007, 07:54 PM
TexasRedneck
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tell ya'll what....

Ah'm in New Braunfels, with a set of the J&M's. If thar's someone in the area, ah'll set up a side-by-side comparison at our local HD dealership whar we kin git input from unbiased listeners, an' post the results here.

What ya'll think?

Quick Reply: JBL, Harley, J&M SPEAKER Comparision ,,,