Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

abbreviations???

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 06:53 PM
Zipper
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default abbreviations???

HI. newbie to the site. Just bought my first new Harley a week ago. Its a Road King Classic in crimson red sunglow.Great bike, can't get enough of it. Sounds like a lot of information can be had here.Just wondering about the abbreviations. Se II slip on exhaust? SEAC? SERT? Could anyone explain what these mean. Thanks

Old 09-26-2007, 07:03 PM
BigBuddy
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: abbreviations???

You can use the search function and find ALL KINDS of info. This site is great for everything Harley!!

Here is a little help for some of what you asked about;

[ul][*]SE II Slip-ons - Screaming Eagle (Harley performance brand) mufflers. Typically upgraded to from the stock mufflers. Better flowing exhaust than stock[*]SEAC - Screaming Eagle Air Cleaner typically considered as a part of the Stage 1 performance upgrade along w/ the SE II slip-ons[*]SERT - Screaming Eagle Race Tuner used to modify the stock fuel map to adjust air/fuel settings for the Stage 1 (or other performance) modifications.[/ul]
Again, you can find hundreds of threads by searching the forum that will give you much more (and better) information than I just provided!

Welcome to H-D Forum!!!

Old 09-27-2007, 05:22 AM
PapaTravis
Elite HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Also, a couple others. RKC, road king classic. RK Custom, road king custom. ANBS, arlen ness big sucker (like the SEAC, but available with a chrome backplate and cleanable filter element.)

Enjoy the new bike, and welcome to the forum. And you are correct, there is a lot of good information here, and a lot of good people here giving out sound advice (normally, LOL) Becareful, though, this site has been known to become very addictive (just ask my wife, LOL)

Now, figure out how to post up some pics, and you will be all set. Here is a post to help you out https://www.hdforums.com/m_834925/tm.htm

Old 09-27-2007, 05:41 AM
ironhorselady
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have my own question here. My bike always seems to baffle the guy at the parts counter and Saturday we once again got home and they had given us a wrong part-clutch cable. My bike's a XLH1200S. What does the damn "S" really stand for? Standard? Sport? The guy asked that specific question and was scratching his head. Head scratching makes me cringe!

Old 09-27-2007, 06:00 AM
Big Cholla
Road Warrior

Ironhorselady: "S" stands for "Sport". I would find another parts guy to deal with if he didn't know that. The 'Sport' was made for a few years and discontinued in favor of the "Roadster". Your Sport came with upgraded forks that have more adjustments than normal and better springs. Some people look for a used set of 'Sport' forks to put on their newer Sportster. I am not sure, but the heads may have been worked over a little too. Someone on this forum will know. ........... BC

Old 09-27-2007, 06:35 AM
ironhorselady
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Big Cholla

Ironhorselady: "S" stands for "Sport". I would find another parts guy to deal with if he didn't know that. The 'Sport' was made for a few years and discontinued in favor of the "Roadster". Your Sport came with upgraded forks that have more adjustments than normal and better springs. Some people look for a used set of 'Sport' forks to put on their newer Sportster. I am not sure, but the heads may have been worked over a little too. Someone on this forum will know. ........... BC
Thank you so much and that's what I told him I thought it was. It's not just this guy. I've gotten the head scratching thing almost everywhere. Maybe it has to do with the yearwith the combination of the H & the S together-it's just not listed that way in their parts books? RaftGyde was sweating over my bike for me (once again) and I came home with a clutch cable 4" too short.[&o] Luckily, the shop's only 5 miles down the road. . .

Old 09-28-2007, 05:19 AM
raftgyde
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: ironhorselady
RaftGyde was sweating over my bike for me (once again) and I came home with a clutch cable 4" too short. Luckily, the shop's only 5 miles down the road. . .
ORIGINAL: Big Cholla

Ironhorselady: "S" stands for "Sport". I would find another parts guy to deal with if he didn't know that. ........... BC
Unfortunately BC, the local stealer is the only shop within 90 miles stocking parts for a Harley. That and he's run off his Parts Manager who I trusted, and his Service Manager who I trusted. The mechanic I trusted is now the Service Manager; I no longer trust him. Now I trust no one at that stealership. I hate to even ride into the parking lot there. They get a minimum amount of my business. I order all my parts online unless it's a 'gotta have' part like the clutch cable. The threads broke off right where it screws into the primary and it was leakin' fluid when it was on the jiffy stand. I was ready to jump on my bike and haul *** to Roanoke for the cable that day, 'cuz we had to have it for Sunday's ride.

The thing that really got to me was the first cable, the wrong one that was 5" too short was $72 before my discount. The second one, the longer one was $30. They looked exactly the same except for the additional 5" in length. So how the hell could the price be so much different? Oh well. At least we ended up with the cheaper one.