Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cruise Control Installation

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 08:17 PM
oldhd
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Cruise Control Installation

Thanks for the tips on why I have strange things (no left and right turn signals, no front or rear brake lights, no cigarette lighter, etc.) happening after I installed cruise control. I DID check the fuse markedCRUISE/BRAKE and found that to be fine. I replaced it anyway............. no luck. I removed and reversed everything I've done for the install and................. no luck. I finally decided to re-install the cruise control and make an appointment with my local Harley dealership and let them find the problem at their painful hourly rate. In the process, I decided to check ALL 15a fuses and found the one marked BATTERY had failed! Because the bike started and ran fine, I never thought to check this fuse. I replaced it and now everything is right with the world!!!!! I have turn signals, brake lights, cigarette lighter, dash panel lights, cruise control indicator in the tachnometer face, horn, EVERYTHING!!!!! Now if I only can get the tiniest e-clip I ever seen installed I will try the cruise out!!!

Thanks for your helpful suggestions...................

Old 11-07-2007, 09:03 PM
BadX
Elite HDF Member
Received 91 Likes on 50 Posts
Default RE: Cruise Control Installation

I installed my own...I found it to be easy just as mentioned previously watch your front brake switch when installing the hand control.