Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

08 SE air cleaner issue

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2007 | 12:12 AM
dawg
|
Seasoned HDF Member
Default 08 SE air cleaner issue

I thought since one thread was started about checking your stock air filter, I would start this one[8D]I just wanted to throw this out there in case it happens to anyone else, or maybe I am just stupid and am missing something! When I went to install my 08 SE AC on my scoot, I noticed that there is a bracket at the top of the induction module in which the throttle body is attached, therefore I assume the bracket is not to be removed. I put the SE backing plate on and noticed that due to this bracket there is a gap in between the backing plate and throttle body even with the gasket on. So I headed back to the shop and was going to pick up two extra gaskets to build up the area (of course we had just gotten the air cleaners in, but we didn't have the gaskets in yet[]) so I was stuck. Is what I ended up doing is prying the o-ring out of the backing plate of the stock air cleaner and I found that it fit perfectly in the area inside the opening of the gasket that I had applied to the backing plate as there was a lip created because the gasket opening was slightly larger than the opening in the backing plate. This created enough friction to hold the o-ring into place while I put it on. The o-ring was thick enough to seal the backing plate against the throttle body as it works for the stock backing plate. Just thought I'd throw that out in case anyone runs into the same problem.