Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bus Er???

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 07:49 AM
imnee
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think my issue is something different. I have a Harley cigarette adapter plugged into the what I believe is the aux power port. It's a square 4 pin connector with 3 male pins. I verified that it pus out 12vdc to the cigarette adapter when the main switch on the tank is in the run or aux position. It puts out nothing when the switch on the tank is in the off position.

My problem arises when I plug in the GPS power adapter. The second I plug it in I get the "BUS ER". If I unplug it the error goes away. The GPS power adapter has electronics in it to convert the 12vdc to 5 vdc and it works fine in my car. I'm puzzled it's as if the power adapter looks like a short to the aux connector.

Originally Posted by geezer glide 56
I had this same problem,It was due to a bad connection at the ecm . Check under your seat the connector to the ecm sometimes will partially unplug due to the riders seat contacting the plug. Fixed mine with a couple of cable ties. Hope this helps

Old 10-09-2009, 05:30 PM
rshwetz
Cruiser
Default Bus err

I had the same issue, drove me nuts, found that it was a short under the fairing over the radio. the wire bundle was rubbing on the radio bracket shorting the data wire ( green with a violet tracer I believe) check your scoot for wires that may be rubbing on metal. The bike does vibrate and this is a common problem that does not get alot of attention.

Old 04-20-2020, 01:57 PM
Coz2122
Intermediate

Originally Posted by imnee
Did you figure this out? I just bought the same thing to power a GPS and when I connect the GPS power cord I get "BUS ER". Unplugging it resolves the issue. I do get 12V power from the power point as long as the GPS power cord is not plugged in.
im getting this with my tuner I just put on. Did you ever find out what your problem was?

Old 07-21-2020, 07:57 AM
SluggerHD
Stage IV
Default Bus Er

Originally Posted by Coz2122
im getting this with my tuner I just put on. Did you ever find out what your problem was?
I''m getting the same error on my night train, I've only had for a week now. I also think it's tuner related, did you get yours sorted yet?

Old 07-21-2020, 09:02 AM
Coz2122
Intermediate

Originally Posted by SluggerHD
I''m getting the same error on my night train, I've only had for a week now. I also think it's tuner related, did you get yours sorted yet?

I did. It turned out to be the update on the power vision. I had to update it via the software on my computer. Everything was fine after that

Old 07-09-2021, 07:21 PM
SluggerHD
Stage IV

Originally Posted by Coz2122
I did. It turned out to be the update on the power vision. I had to update it via the software on my computer. Everything was fine after that
in an opening under

My issue was the PO, slid the power commander tuner in a space underneath the seat. It was just hanging there bouncing around, sending false signals, luckily I caught it before any damage was done to it.