Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is it normal to..

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2007 | 05:19 PM
StreetGlider56
|
Road Warrior
Default Is it normal to..

be charged for the stealer to check your bike for warranty related issues...?

I have the brackets broken in the farring, fine they'll replace them... I also have a problen with it running rough, but I don't want to be charged to listen, and test ride
my bike 10 times before they deside it may be a warranty issue...

Seems a bike that has a warranty should be checked out at no charge, am I wrong it thinking this way?

Where is customer service these days...?

Old 09-24-2007 | 05:37 PM
R1Geezrglide
Road Warrior
Default RE: Is it normal to..

Many dealers will get an 'up-front' approval of 1/2 hr labor to cover non-warranty related check-out. If they are honest, they will waive the charge once warranted items are found that cover your complaint.

Old 09-24-2007 | 06:02 PM
Motown_HOG
Road Master

If your bike is under warranty they should check it out at no cost to you. I've never had a dealer say they would charge me for something when the bike was under warranty. Tell them no and if they refuse to look at it, take it to another dealer.

Old 09-24-2007 | 06:16 PM
Twisted Humor
Road Master

Is there somewhere that someone can look up what warrenty/recall issues there are so the educated person can tell their dealer "mine fits this issue, check it out for me"?

Old 09-24-2007 | 07:07 PM
glens
Outstanding HDF Member

I've only had mine in twice. The 1k service, where they checked something I thought was not quite right at no charge, and another time when I'd discussed with them that it was still not correct, at no charge. A third time was for the factory rep to see it (no charge) and that "problem" and another the rep pointed out will soon be addressed under warranty.

[edit: the third time it never entered the building]

Old 09-24-2007 | 07:20 PM
ndotken
Road Captain

Unfortunately, the premise of your question is entirely off base. HD has no concept of customer service, nor do they have any interest in acquiring it.

Old 09-24-2007 | 07:45 PM
notlost_nc
Road Master

They always looked at mine for no charge....response was the same....air temp gauge is +/- 20 degrees and the fuel gauge is not sealed so it is supposed to fill with condensation It's allworking perfectly. Good luck with your issues.

Old 09-24-2007 | 08:08 PM
ssihogdog
Road Captain

Always checked mine with no charge. Even if they didn't fix something....find another dealer.

Old 09-24-2007 | 08:21 PM
daconiam
Tourer

Charged me 65.00 to tell me my O2 sensor was unplugged (but same error codeshowed up 3 days later), then tried to charge me an additional 33.00 to fix it again......

Zero customer service at 3 out of5 dealers I have gone to from VA, CA, and TX....

Now that my bike is up to snuff, I hope not to ever deal with service again......

Old 09-24-2007 | 09:35 PM
glens
Outstanding HDF Member

I forgot to mention that the one time I took it in to get worked on, I was back-burnered by a couple of dudes from Denmark on their way to Sturgis. I didn't mind that. After actually working on mine for a few hours with no joy they washed it anyway, even though I told them not to. That was the second time my spokes and whitewalls got cleaned

Quick Reply: Is it normal to..